Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Matt France Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2011, 09:23 AM
    How to solve air conditioning problem?
    Hi

I've got a problem with a new air conditioning split/window system I've just bought in France. It was a 'rapid connection' type (Zenith AF-SIPAP-35).

The internal/wall unit comes on and responds to the remote control commands.
    However, the external unit is just humming. The fan doesn't rotate (although it is free to do so).

The fault code (F1) gives the problem being a communication error between the internal and external units.
    I've disconnected the terminal/connector blocks, and re-installed but the problem remains.

Any advice? I'm trying to get through to the service company but so far, no luck.

The only issue I can see is the wiring.
    The wiring in the terminal block where the wires from the internal and external units are connected together seems wrong to my unexperienced eyes.
    Simply, there are four (brown, blue, grey, black) on the external unit but only three (brown, grey, black) from the internal unit (the earth is ok)

I'm sure I'm missing something, but can someone please point out what it is?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2011, 10:16 AM
    Call up whoever installed this unit for you and speak to them. What you perceive as wrong may just be how it's put together right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whatis the problem of high pressure in the air conditioning system [ 1 Answers ]

What is the problems of more high pressure in the air conditioner compressor high side

What is difference between split Air Conditioning & window Air Conditioning [ 1 Answers ]

What is difference between split Air Conditioning & window Air Conditioning

Central air conditioning problem [ 2 Answers ]

My central air conditioning unit seems to work well with normal air flow. On several occasions at night the inside coil has frozen allowing little air to pass. I have reset the thermostat to a higher setting allowing the coil to thaw and air flow returns to normal. The daytime temps have been in...

Air conditioning and heating problem [ 7 Answers ]

My air conditioner keeps freezing up and usually all it needs is more freon. Now my heating won't shut off the thermostat seems to be stuck on 75* even though I have it on 70* or I think it is clicking when I pull it by 75* when I tried to get it to shut off. Is my thermostat gone bad or is it...

View more questions Search