Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gcc Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2011, 09:14 PM
    Thanks again for your answers. I thought that's what it meant; that my brother was the sole owner of the property because of the way it was worded about my father releasing to my brother, and heirs; of which there are none, the property. At this point it's really not a big deal because I have a house that I own, and I did write my brother a letter telling him what I think, and how I didn't have to manipulate, connive, and get Deeds all twisted around to get my house. He's got that house so tied up in mortgage after mortgage that I wouldn't want any part of it anyway. I just wanted the proof of what he did to go about getting the house, and I told him I know exactly what he did. And yes, ties have been severed, and I doubt they will ever be tied again. I told him with him being HIV+ that the day will come when when he will need his brothers; there are 4 of us, and I am the eldest, and I asked him to think about which one of us does he think will be there for him when he will eventually need us. It's sad, but it is what it is.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 8, 2011, 08:00 AM
    Yes it is sad, but at least now you know where you stand and can have closure of this chapter.
    gcc Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2011, 09:24 AM
    And closure it is. I know exactly what my brother did to attain rights of ownership of my father's house, and that it was done manipulatively, and schematically; of which he will, one day, pay for, and suffer for. In that letter I wrote to him, I explained how I know exactly what he did to get the house, and how he went about doing it, and that I have seen the Tax Maps on the property, and, that I also have in my possession all 5 Deeds to the property; especially the first two where my father signed the property over to him, and (the 2nd Deed) where my father's Life Estate was terminated in favor of my brother. How cold and calculating that was. At that time, I believe my father was in the nursing home that my brother put him in. I also know the house still has a whopping mortgage on it, and I really don't need to take on that responsibility. It's just the way things were done by my brother to attain rights of ownership; whereas I told him that I, unlike himself, got my house on my own, and didn't have to manipulate,, take advantage of anyone, and scheme to get it. What will really be sad is when the day comes when my brother's HIV/AIDS takes its toll on him and none of his brothers will be there for him, and he will die a lonely death right there in that house all alone; of which he very much deserves.
    I really appreciate all your advice, and support. Thanks.
    GC

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deed form for gifting real estate property [ 3 Answers ]

In transferring real estate property title as a gift, what deed form must the donee use and what proof does he need to show the IRS that it's a gift & not a sale ?

How would I complete a real estate deed transfer in TN when property is a gift? [ 1 Answers ]

How would I complete a real estate deed transfer in TN when property is a gift? And what taxes I have to pay in procentage rate?

How would I complete a Real Estate Deed Transfer in Texas when property is a gift [ 1 Answers ]

How would complete a Real Estate Deed Transfer in Texas when the property is a gift to a loved one?

Contesting a real property deed [ 3 Answers ]

I want to contest the validity of a Virginia deed adding my sister as joint tenant w/ survivorship rts to a deed with my mother which purports to bear my mother's signature . On the date of the deed my mother was comatose and unable to sign or understand anything and she died soon after. She had...

Filing a deed against real property [ 3 Answers ]

I loaned a family member money to buy property. They have defaulted on the agreement can I file a lien againt the property?

View more questions Search