Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GabeRios11 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2011, 11:47 AM
    Is renting an apartment possible for us.
    Me and my girlfriend are 17. We have a one year old son. We both have jobs at the mall of america, mine is lids and her's is aeropastle. Can we rent an apartment if my mom cosigns ?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2011, 12:07 PM
    Depends on what the apartment lease says. Some will accept cosigners some won't. Your income and any credit rating you have will be the primary factor. Some apt's have a minimum age requirement. Check around and see what they say.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 17, 2011, 04:46 PM
    I agree, most places will not allow minors to be tenants, even with a non-resident co-signer
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 17, 2011, 07:44 PM
    You may get an apartment if your mom rents it, in her name, but many places will not rent to 17 year olds, so don't expect it to be really nice.

Also many may also need her parent to sign since she is a minor also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Renting an apartment with Tax Id? [ 3 Answers ]

Can you rent more than one apartment under a Tax Id? Does renting an apartment using a Tax Id impact how taxes are filed?

Renting apartment in lis pendence [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently renting an apartment that is individually owned, and on the public records site for FL shows that it is in lis pendence. What does that mean to me as the renter and does it break the lease? The landlord or leasing office hasn't said anything about it to me but the public records...

Renting an apartment [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone tell me where I can find information on what rights I have when renting an apartment. I live in Texas... any help will work. Thanks in advance. Lsanchez

Landlord renting an apartment [ 2 Answers ]

Good morning. I'm renting out an apartment and found someone that I liked and told her she could have it. I then didn't hear from her for a few days, so I posted the add asking for higher rent. I've gotten a lot of inquiries and since then the girl has gotten back to me asking when she can sign...

Renting the Rooms in Apartment [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Please let me know about what all are the responsibilities of landlod while renting the rooms in a town house to the professional people. :confused: Regards Sumit

View more questions Search