Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brihous Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2011, 03:53 PM
    Can I wire a digital thermosat to a Day and Night furnace to run only the fan?
    Can I wire a digital thermosat to a day and night furnace to run the fan only in the summer time?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 16, 2011, 04:05 PM

Yes, nearly all thermostats have a small slide switch on the side that says fan ON/AUTO, if you have that then set to fan ON. If the stat is fully digital tell us the brand and model
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 16, 2011, 04:30 PM

Depends on if you have enough stat wires from furnace to stat. There should be a g terminal in the stat, and a g terminal on the furnace control board. If there is a wire hooked between these leads, when you switch the stat to fan on, instead of fan auto, the fan will run constantly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace non digital thermostat (2 wire) to new Digital termostat (2 wire) [ 0 Answers ]

Hi: I bought an new digital thermostat, White-Rogers 1E78-140 millivolt to replace a two wire non digital millivolt thermostat. The two wires are to be attached to "W" and "RH" on the White-Rodgers thermostat. The wires are connected at the stove at "TH" and the other to the wire coming from...

Replace non digital thermostat (2 wire) to new Digital termostat (2 wire) [ 0 Answers ]

Hi: I bought a 2 wire, heating only, millivolt thermostat to replace a non digital 2 wire thermostat. The thermostat wires from the stove are connected to "RH" and "TH/TP" . The terminals in the new thermostat are labeled "RH" and "W". "TH" wire from the stove would be connected to what...

Flame sensor day and night 394 gas furnace [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My 20 year old day and night model 394jaz036065 lights the pilot and after awhile fires the burners then shuts down. Now it just lights the pilot and then shuts the pilot down after a while 2+ minutes. Is the flame sensor mounted to the ignition/pilot assembly? I am trying to confirm that-...

Day & Night - furnace Motor runs but doesn't blow air [ 1 Answers ]

Day & Night - Furnace Motor runs but doesn't blow air Thanks.

70's Day and Night Gas Furnace Common wire? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi- I have a furnace that I need a common wire to hook up A new thermostat that req's a common wire- The Company that originally made the furnace, BDP - merged w/ Carrier I think- I have a Red and Blue coming out of the top of the transformer And black & white @ the bottom - 115v looks...

View more questions Search