Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SlbSlb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2011, 06:49 PM
    Toilet problem
    No water coming in to the toilet tank from the pipe on the wall and it's not frozen it's summer here . Anyone have an answer thanks .
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2011, 06:57 PM
    If you have water everywhere but the toilet, turn off the water at the wall and disconnect the pipe so it is free of the toilet. Slowly crack the stop valve. Any water? If yes, reconnect hose. If no, replace stop, washer or debris is probably blocking the water flow. Is this a ballcock or floating flush valve? If a ballcock, replace it with a floating flush valve. If a floating type, remove the cap by lifting the arm and rotate cap to the left, flush the valve and replace the rubber disc, it is most likely stuck.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 16, 2011, 06:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    No water coming in to the toilet tank from the pipe on the wall
    The explanations giver by ma0641 was a tad confusing in his definitions, (The "hose" he mentions is called "the supply " and the flush valve isn;
    't a ball cock but the flapper seat and overflow tube. Having said that lets get on with your problem. Don't disconnect anything just yet until I have more information. Which ballcock is yours?(see images)Once I know what I'm working with I'll come up with a solution. Back to you, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Problem [ 2 Answers ]

After I flush the toilet and it fills up the water continues to flow into the bowl. My sewage bill is doubled!! Local DIY store suggests changing everything. I purchased a tank repair kit, but instructions are very vague - at least for this female. Is there someplace I can find pictures to help...

Toilet problem when using washer [ 1 Answers ]

Every time I do a load of laundry, the water level in my toilets goes way down but will overflow if flushed... and water and some dirt like stuff backs up into both tub drains. Had septic cleaned but it still keeps happening? Any help?

Toilet problem [ 2 Answers ]

I am changing the overflow valve and the one of the bolts and nut is stuck, I have tried wd40, and heated it to see if it would loosen, its holding up the process. What can I do to get this damn bolt and nut alose?

Toilet problem [ 5 Answers ]

We recently moved to our new home which is build in 1950's. I have two bathrooms. In one of the bathroom, the toilet started giving problems. When you flush the water comes almost near the rim and then it starts going down the drains very slowly. I used an additive and also used the plunger for...

Please help... toilet problem [ 1 Answers ]

I am clueless about plumbing and I have no idea what the parts are in the toilet. But this is what is happening... my toilet is making a loud running water noise and when I look in the toilet, it is bubbling and it won't really flush. When I press the handle it just goes down. When I looked in the...

View more questions Search