Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reyzorback Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2011, 05:23 PM
    keyboard problem
    hi.. first of all I'm an Asian.. im really sorry for my english.. I have a keyboard that works perfectly fine when I'm typing.. this is sony vaio pcv rz24g.. but I'm having this problem whenever I play a game.. I have lots of game here on my PC.. when I'm playing nba live 2007, counter strike, spiderman 2, battlefield, my player will stop walking when I press 3-4 buttons at the same time.. E.g. playing nba live (baseline low camera view)when my player is running, I'm pressing the up button so it will run forward, but when I press up + left button, so that my player will run to north east.when I pressed this key, my player will run to north east but when press up button again, it will stop running.. I'm a gamer so this is really annoying for me.. please help me please... here's a link for a same problem (in case you don't understand my problem) http://www.pcguide.com/vb/showthread.php?t=64274
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 15, 2011, 10:10 PM
    Modern keyboards only recognise 2 or LESS key presses, so your 3/4 is causing an error state.

Time to learn how to use the mouse for movement.
    reyzorback Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2011, 06:58 AM

Please help..
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2011, 01:55 PM

There are specialized gaming keyboards that you can look into that eliminate ghosting. That is the name for the problem you are experiencing. Quite common.

http://www.microsoft.com/appliedscie...Explained.mspx

I use the Logitech G15 personally and have had great experience with it for gaming purposes. Depending on the keys, I can push up to 6 at a time.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2011, 04:29 PM

USB. This is pretty much your only option in order to avoid ghosting.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 17, 2011, 05:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FadedMaster View Post
    There are specialized gaming keyboards that you can look into that eliminate ghosting. That is the name for the problem you are experiencing. Quite common.

http://www.microsoft.com/appliedscie...Explained.mspx

I use the Logitech G15 personally and have had great experience with it for gaming purposes. Depending on the keys, I can push up to 6 at a time.
    Another common problem is the profile that is set for a keyboard. Some games require non stock profiles.

I use a G15 also. Works good but Im not impressed with it. The support for the LCD leaves something to be desired. Lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keyboard Problem [ 0 Answers ]

First Of All I Fellowed All Of Your Totorial But None Of Them Worked For Me. And I Formated My Windows Vista SAME Problem And Then I Formated Windows Same Problem Still Exist The Keys I Type Are These When I Type 1/ It Jumps Like This 1 1 1 1 1 .and when I hardly press 1 it works like...

Help! Keyboard problem! [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know what's wrong with my laptop but every time I hit the "p" key a window called "ask a question developer tool" pops up. Of if I hit the number "five" keyboard my window refreshes. If I use the "exclamation" then Windows Help and support pops up. So much more. It seems like they are...

Keyboard problem? [ 13 Answers ]

Okay. So I have been playing O2jam for a while now. And I realised that I can't press all the buttons together. I mean like, when I pressed them all together. Only some keyboard works. For example: if I press A S D F and H J K L together. Only like A S D J K L works. Is it something wrong with the...

Servere Keyboard problem! Please help [ 6 Answers ]

I have a labtec keyobard. And I get an annoying on screen display every time I click on my lock keys, CAPS LOCK,SCROLL LOCK,NUM LOCK. The problem is a little grey box with displays above my taskbar each time I click on one of my lock keys, any idea?

PS/2 keyboard problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older 700mhz Duron box that Im trying to fix up for a family member. I did an fdisk and formatted the drive for a fresh Windows 98 install. Im booting to a Win98 startup disk and choosing to install from CD. The keyboard works fine for all of this... but as soon as Windows comes to...

View more questions Search