Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sheryl R Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2011, 08:05 AM
    Finding my half brother?
    I am looking for my half brother. He was adopted out as an infant. I know his name our mother gave him and his birth date and where he was born, but have no idea on how to access information in trying to locate him.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 15, 2011, 09:08 AM
    This is a world site, and you don't say what country or state he was adopted in. Start with www.childwelfare.gov.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 15, 2011, 09:38 AM

And/or you can post it on many of the adoption web sites.

Also have you searched for the other parent and tried to find them
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Aug 15, 2011, 09:41 AM

How old is HE?

If he is under 18, we cannot help you search.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Aug 15, 2011, 11:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by donovan.brendan View Post
    If your mother is alive, you can ask her about the people whom he was adopted out. Contact the hospital where he was born and do get your DNA test so that you could get him more quickly.
    That only works in a couple of situations, you know.

If he was adopted prior to about 1988, no adoptions were open.

Almost no international adoptions are open.

No hospital is going to release medical records to a POSSIBLE half sibling--they won't even release them to adoptees or birthparents, why in the world would they release them to someone else?

Your way of searching is NOT how an adoptee search is done, and I'm wondering where you got your information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Search for half brother [ 1 Answers ]

Hello imsearching for my half brother born in braintree in the 1950s dad was ken butler Mount road . I have just found out if you can help please contact me Many thanks

Movie about half-brother and half-sister? [ 2 Answers ]

I watched this movie in the early 90s but can't remember the name. All I know is that the half brother is madly in love w/ his half sister and goes crazy over her. She doesn't love him but is worried about her mentally challenged sister who lives in a home. Does anyone know about this movie?

Help me find my half brother [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for my half brother.{personal info removed} I am 56 years old and I would love to meet him. Can you help me?

Finding my half brother [ 1 Answers ]

My half brother was in foster care from the age of 2 he is now around 32 how can I search for him for free.

View more questions Search