Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    handygandy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2011, 05:37 PM
    Someone never transferred ownership of car ?
    Sometime ago I sold a car to a person who never changed the plate insurance there was no insurance coverage no registration just the license plate the person parked in a handicapped parking space and ever since I have been getting tickets and now I got a ticket that states I have ten days to pay it or get locked up I need to know can I sue this person for getting tickets this person has made can or will the police get involved if I file a complaint to get them to find the vehicle and remove the plate.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2011, 05:42 PM

Hello H:

Yesyoucansue. Nothecopswon'thelpfindhim.

excon
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 14, 2011, 05:47 PM
    First I have to say, if you used punctuation in your post, more people would probably respond to it. As it is, it's very difficult to read and make sense out of it. Not picking on you, just saying...

So I think what I read is that you sold a car with your license plate still on it? Why did you not take your license plate off when you sold the car?

As far as the legality, I am not sure but maybe someone who knows the answer will come along.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 14, 2011, 06:05 PM

Your license plate didn't park in a handicap parking space, the car you sold did. Go to court and contest the ticket by showing that you previously sold the car.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 14, 2011, 06:34 PM

Hello, spaces and proper english helps a lot in a question title.
    I changed the title name to match what you asked. I have no real idea exactly what the first title said, since there was no space between any words.

But of course when you sold the car, you got as required by law a signed copied bill of sale, signed by them and you, with their name and address on it.

You need to defend your tickets in court with the bill of sale.
    You can sue the buyer, and you will know who he is and where he is at. And you may consider driving to their home and getting the plate

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Aged Shelf Corporations with Lines of Credit Attached when ownership is transferred [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am anticipating purchasing a shelf corp in the next week or so. I am told by the company that the aged company comes with the following outlined below in which I would like to highlight the line of credit attached. I was not credit qualified to apply for lines of credit through...

Car ownership [ 2 Answers ]

My mom passed away and left behind a car that was paid free and clear she was divirced and has 2 children who gets the car

Car ownership [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a used car from a guy a year ago and paid it off last summer. The guys office burned and all of his records went with it. He's still saying that I owe him money. He already put the title in my name and I have it in my possession. The car turned out to be a lemon and I've since paid over...

Car ownership [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I helped a friend of our daughter purchase a car several months back. He is a minor. The agreement was that we would help him purchase the car, transfer the title directly to his Mother and she would pay the insurance premiums. Since that time his Mom has informed us that she no...

View more questions Search