Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bones252100 Posts: 253, Reputation: 29

Aug 14, 2011, 04:33 PM
    Loading a Riding Mower onto a Pick-Up Truck with Ramps
    Bought a new riding mower which works fine on our property. It is also needed at our rental property so loading ramps were procured to load this Poulan XT 42" mower into a Dodge 1500 truck for transportation. The problem seems to be in the loading angle. The mower will drive right up the ramps until it meets the angle of the ramps. At that point, the mower deck collides with the ramps as the front wheels enter the truck. The mower deck is at its highest position. The obvious solution is to change the tongue angle of the ramps. What are the alternate solutions?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2011, 05:59 PM
    In some cases, you will need to lower the approach angle, as it is called, by raising the starting point or possibly removing the tailgate. The newer higher trucks all have this issue. Some people back their truck into a driveway so it lowers the tail and drive on the ramps that way.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2011, 06:47 PM

Make the ramps longer , I made mine at my shop 2 1/2 feet longer.
    Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My 2004 dodge ram 1500 pick up truck keeps over heating. [ 1 Answers ]

Already changed the thermostate and water pump.

How can I power a 550w 230v electric cable hoist from a pick-up truck [ 1 Answers ]

How can I power a 550w 230v electric cable hoist from a pick-up truck. I have a ford pick-up truck and I baught an electric cable hoist, it is 230c 550w and comes with a 3pin plug attatched so I can be easily plugged into a socket outlet for use, I want to use it so that it is mounted to the back...

Lawn tractor starts, ramps up, then almost turns off, then ramps up, and on and on [ 1 Answers ]

I have a sears lawn tractor, has worked fine most of the time, but now it is cycling through something: I was mowing, and suddenly lost power, and it almost turned off, but then it ramped up to full throttle, and kept this cycle up. I checked the fuel, plenty available. Checked oil, fine. I...

1996 Ford Ranger pick-up truck [ 5 Answers ]

Hello... What type or grade of oil should I put in 4 cyl. 2.3 L engineof my 1996 Ford Ranger pick-up truck with 110,000 miles? Also... The type of filter?. Thanks for your time and response... sport billy:confused:

View more questions Search