Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greenfrog Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2007, 11:13 AM
    Disputing real estate appraisal
    We just paid $300. For a real estate appraisal to get refinancing on our home. We also have the home for sale. Our home is in excellent condition and a very good area. The appraisal we received was very much below the homes used for comparison although the homes were not much compared to ours. We have over 2200 sq. ft and another home with less than 1/2 this much was appraised at twice the price per sq. ft. I would like to know is there is any recourse on the appraisal. We have been unable to get the person appraising our home to return our calls.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 1, 2007, 11:20 AM
    Who hired the appraiser? Hire your own, don't explain about the original appraisal. When you get the 2nd appraiser's apprasial, if its very far off, then sue the orignal appraiser.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Real Estate [ 4 Answers ]

Good day all, I need your assistance. I am a 70 year old man whose wife has just passed away 2 weeks ago. I am in need of information regarding the house we lived in for over 22 years. (also married 22 years) I would like to know if I have some type of legal rights to this house. I have...

Real Estate [ 2 Answers ]

I'm retired and I'm a resident of Florida I live in Florida for 7 months a year and 5 months in New York. I have real estate in New York. Do I have to pay New York State income tax?

Real Estate [ 3 Answers ]

Does any one here know about real estate. I'm wondering which aspect of the whole career is best as in buying a house fixing it up and selling or going through companies. Or if they are two totally different things in all. Just any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Real Estate [ 7 Answers ]

We Are Selling Our Home Which Has Two Separate Properties. The People Who Want To Buy Both Properties Put In A Contract. Now They Wish To Divide To Two Contracts One For Each Property. Please Note That Both Properties Are Separately Addressed And Separately Deeded. If We Agree To This Are They...

Estate taxes, appraisal, and property sale [ 1 Answers ]

A family member died in 3/05 and left us two houses in California in a trust. We'd like to get appraisals that are hopefully below $1.5 million to avoid the estate tax. What happens if we then sell the two houses and the sale prices are above the appraised values? Is estate tax recalculated? ...

View more questions Search