Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doug790 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2007, 11:03 AM
    Proper English using the word "your"
    What is the proper way to state the following sentence and why?

Is it correct to say "Your not my type" or should it be "Your'e not my type" or can both be used?
    BananaPie Posts: 59, Reputation: 7

Feb 1, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Your - possession
    You're - You are

You're is correct.
    doug790 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaPie
    Your - possession
    You're - You are

You're is correct.
    Can you help me a little further... What do you mean by possession?
    aduckart Posts: 32, Reputation: 6

Feb 1, 2007, 12:51 PM
    BananaPie means a sentence like "Your notebook is full" is that the notebook is in your possession... you own it.

You're is a contraction = You are. "You're notebook is full" is not a correct statement since it would really say, "You are notebook is full"

;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Proper venting & using a "Sure-Vent" [ 2 Answers ]

I've attached a PDF showing the layout I'm working with. The items in red are what I would like to add (for a new bar sink). From what I've read online and with checking with local plumbers and since I'm more than 3-1/2' from the main 2" drain line (and I'm using 1 1/2" pipe), I have to vent the...

English is difficult! "had to" [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a Japanese, learning English in Japan. When you use "had to", can a "but" follow it? For example, can you say "I had to do my homework but I didn't." In a Japanese grammar book, It says "had to" is used only when you "did" the thing you "had to" such as, "I had to work last night, so...

Word means "reply quickly" [ 17 Answers ]

I remember that I have read and look up in dictionary a word which describe an ability or characteristic of a person (maybe a little child) who are able to reply (in communication) very quickly and clever. I read that word long time ago and now I need it. However, I cannot remember it and I...

Word, "requesting virus scan" [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Running Word, Office 2000, on Win XP, when we attempt to load a file from any disk, we get the hourglass icon, the Word message "Requesting Virus scan", and no progress from there. Our Virus scanner is ESET/Nod32. This is a new installation, with SP2 updates, the previous installation of the...

My Cursor prints out the word "MARK" [ 8 Answers ]

This is a recent problem I have encountered. I am running IE6 WinXP Home. Lately, if I go to a website and say, click on a search button with my cursor, where I click the cursor will automatically print out in small blue letters the word "MARK" (w/o quotes of course). This does NOT prevent me...

View more questions Search