Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karkus14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2011, 12:47 PM
    Airlock in loft bathroom
    Hi there, my husband turned off water mains today and when he turned it back on we had no hot water. We managed to expel the air lock using a garden hose and the water downstairs is working but we can't get either the hot or cold to work in loft bathroom (ithasawater pump system). Any help would be greatly appreciated, Karen :)
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 13, 2011, 02:11 PM

First off, this isn't a air lock. A air lock only happens when you go to drain something and fail to vent it.
    Why was the water shut off? Was something repaired or replaced? You have some trash in your lines either from dirt from the well or trash built up in the pipe walls.
    What did hubby do? Whatever nit was he had to disturb dfgdesomething in the system.
    Please post back with all the detail you can give me no matter how small. The more information I have 6the better I can help, Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower airlock [ 2 Answers ]

I live on a farm. Both hot and cold water are supplied from the bore hole. There is a gass heater for the hot water. My shower has separate hot and cold taps. Both taps work just fine on their own, but when I try to adjust the temperature by turning on the hot or cold tap, there is a loud...

Slow drain in bathroom sink - possible airlock? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, hoping someone can help as I've reached the end of my knowledge with this particular issue. Essentially I've got a slow draining bathroom sink. It hasn't always been like this and occurred suddenly. The installation is relatively new - only 4 years ago and the property is on the top floor of a...

Airlock in system [ 2 Answers ]

I would appreciate help on the following : I changed the immersion heater in hot water cylinder, having drained it first. Having turned back on all the valves, I now have hot water, as the cylinder has filled up, and water in taps in the kitchen, but I do not have cold water from the bathroom...

Airlock [ 1 Answers ]

I seem to have an airlock in the hot water system. However, all my taps are 2in 1, so for hot water you turn to the left and to the right for cold, so I'm not quite sure how to get rid of the airlock. In the kitchen, the cold water is working but when I turn it to hot nothing happens... any...

View more questions Search