Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ellaetlove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2011, 08:37 AM
    Do you think someone is haunting me or am I just getting chills from the books I read
    I was ready for bed and as always I checked everywhere, that every window was closed and every door was locked. When I was checking the last door, I heard some kind of growl, probably a man's booming voice trying to say something. I couldn't really understand what he was trying to say! I was just in complete darkness! I didn't care that much for the first one, but when I got in bed and just slept for a couple of minutes, I felt something tugging at my quilt and then I felt as if someone sat on my feet, not heavy but I got that feeling. Then I slept a bit more and I heard some voices like a pigeon's and they were so near. Again I heard some tiny footsteps as if they were coming up the stairs. I really can't stand it anymore. Do you think I should just stop reading horror books and watching ghost videos? Or is it just all true? Is it just true that there is someone haunting me??
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 13, 2011, 08:39 AM

Your imagination is working overtime. Switch to reading contemporary romances.
    SassyLittlePunk Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Aug 13, 2011, 10:00 AM
    I have had similar experiences--tugging on the blankets and pressure like that, and other strange things. It's scary for sure and I believe there are spirit beings who get a kick out of scaring us. So, I want to tell you two things. First, when you fill your mind with horror stories~then that's where your head or thoughts are at and you attract those kinds of entities. Maybe lay off the negative, morbid horror stories so you don't make yourself vulnerable to those kinds of thoughts and thus those kinds of entities. And second, if you realize that those beings have a boundary that they are not allowed/able to cross over (unless YOU let them in by dabbling in the "occult" or letting your thoughts go bad places), then your fear of them will diminish. And like any bully--if they see they can't get to you--they move on. They will GO if you become boring to them. Right now you're good entertainment. Fill your mind with better things and they will move on. Really!
    : )
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Aug 13, 2011, 02:17 PM
    Sassylittlepunk, those are some good words. Ellaetlove, you're putting an awful lot of the wrong stuff into your mind. You've heard the saying 'garbage in-garbage out', I'm sure. It is very possible these things are not just your imagination. If these are the things you're going to focus on, spirits will take advantage of that and walk right in. Was this all in one night you had these experiences or was this over a period?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are some of the best books you've read? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for more books to read that you just can't put down,two favorites of mine are Water For Elephants and Perks of being a Wallfower. If you know any that are similar to those, romantic, or have an awesome storyline, please share! Ps I've already read twilight series so don't mention it :)

Should you read more books less often or less books more often? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been mulling this one over and over in my head. I need help.

Good books to read [ 17 Answers ]

Hey! I've read twilght saga and they were so good but I can't thin of other books to read:confused: can you please recommend me to a good book like twilight saga ? THANKS

I need more books to read [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for authors that have the same style/plotlines as John Sandford with his "Prey" and Kidd" novels. I also like James Patterson with "Alex Cross". I do not like Jonathan Kellerman. I find him long winded and boring until the last 100 pages. Please let me know of titles and/or...

View more questions Search