Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heatherdiane Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2011, 07:23 AM
    How much jail time in the state of PA do you get for first violation of probation?
    My friend violated his probation for the first time. He's now in jail and has not gone before a judge yet. I want to know how long he's probably going to be in jail.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2011, 09:41 AM

Depends on what he did. He can get as much as the full remainder of the probation behind bars. Unless there are new charges pending.
    heatherdiane Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2011, 11:17 AM
    Hes just on it for un paid fines. And his probabtion was up a couple Months ago. BUT he just wasn't "Caught" yet.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2011, 11:38 AM

Was paying the fines part of the terms of the probation? Or are they unrelated to the probation?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 13, 2011, 01:52 PM

Really need a question and follow up with more information.

But there is no way to tell what the judge will do.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 15, 2011, 09:34 PM

OP might want to supply the following info:
    Original charges for which the person was convicted;
    Sentence imposed (jail time & fine); and
    Sentence actually served or paid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the average jail time for first time probation violation in Texas? [ 8 Answers ]

Hey I got into some trouble a couple of years back, and got put on 9 months probation for a Class A Misdemeaner. I'm now being accused of probation violation for not fully doing all the probationary requirements on time. This is the first time for this and I now have a warrant out on me. I'm...

How much jail time for probation violation? [ 41 Answers ]

What is the maximum jail time someone could serve for violating (leaving state) a felony probation in Ohio?

Probation violation on a felony. More probation or actual jail time? [ 2 Answers ]

My sister in law was on probation for fraudulent use of i.d. (felony in TX). She was just arrest for theft ($50-$500) in another town and served about a week in jail there. She was then extradited back home because she violated her probation. She is currently being held on NO BOND with charges of...

Probation violation, Jail time possible? [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: Hi, my husband was charged with dui, and served 90 days in jail last year, was released on Sept. 18, 2007, and has been on probation since then, which was supposed to end on June 21, 2008. He had his license suspended, which in turn, cost him to lose his job, because as an auto...

View more questions Search