Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vinbal Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2011, 04:39 PM
    I hate feeling stuck in a never ending cycle of depression and helplessnes
    Iwant 2 begin with the very lucky side of my life I've been married 13years I have 2young kids I am a successful teacher I own 2houses. So on the outside I have plenty to give thanks for and I know and appreciate what I've built up over the years but it doesn't erase the depressions I keep lapsing into. I also can't stop blaming others for my failures for example me and my wife don't have sex regularly when we do its more to give me much needed release no matter what I've tried my wife just doesn't need or desire sex we both have tried counceling together and apart we know that the problem stems from her she isn't interested in working at it however I feel so uncherished unwanted unattractive even when she cuddles and tells me she loves me I feel worthless I blame her for most of what ails me if I loose my temper or my lack of patiance or passion for living everything stems somehow from our relationship or from my parents. Logicaly I know I can always separate from her and I know I've had depressions ever since I was a teenager I know I'm responsible for my own happiness but logic and knowledge aren't powerful enough to get me moving in the right direction. I do love my wife and my kids and our house but I just can't stop hating my life and feeling as if its too hard and not worth it. Even if you have no advice please answer I couldn't bare feeling regectted here after I finally said my hearts blackness.
    Thanks
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 11, 2011, 05:42 PM

Tell me about growing up? Were you one of several children? How were things between your parents, and your parents and you? Were you a happy child?
    Arcticgrrl Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Aug 23, 2011, 01:53 PM
    Whenever I get like this it makes me feel good to do something that takes the thinking and over-thinking part of my mind out of it. For me, digging in the dirt, pulling weeds and doing mundane garden work is both simple and gratifying. Sometimes I'll start a project and try to finish it (a project that will take several days or weeks to complete). It gets me out of the house, away from people for a while and keeps my hands busy and my mind occupied. You will be amazed at how relaxed you feel at the end of the day! You can also use this as a new topic of conversation with your spouse, who can also congratulate you on a job well done when you are finished.

I hope this helps you.
    vinbal Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2011, 11:00 AM
    Arcticgirl is so right I have been venting it into projects I guess there's nothing else, I paint the wall through tears burning all the negative feelings until I'm spent. I wish I had a support group I do feel like I'm alone in this craziness.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 24, 2011, 11:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by vinbal View Post
    arcticgirl is so right i have been venting it into projects i guess theres nothing else, i paint the wall through tears burning all the negative feelings until im spent. i wish i had a support group i do feel like im alone in this craziness.
    But you cannot begin to conquer the craziness until you understand where these feelings are coming from. All the empathy in the world will not help you reach that goal, thus my questions.
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Aug 28, 2011, 01:50 PM
    Distracting yourself like arcticgirl suggested won't keep the feelings at bay forever. Wondergirl was right to ask those questions - there could be something deep down; unsolved questions in your life that you need answering. What brought it on as a teenager?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feeling stuck [ 9 Answers ]

Hi guys, Hope someone can understand my question! I feel like a contradiction. I am on one hand a lively, bubbly, party girl who always seems content and happy but at times I get overwhelming feelings and periods of feeling lost, upset and sometimes even worthless. I have a great family who love...

Depression before the wedding, I don't want to get stuck here! [ 7 Answers ]

A year ago I got engaged to my best friend and even after 8 years we are horribly in love with each other. The wedding is coming up in about 2 months and for the last few months I think I've been becoming more and more depressed. I've taken all the little online depression tests and they all say...

Jealousy- I hate this feeling, yet it's there [ 1 Answers ]

A colleague 's been given a job opportunity, because she was lucky and I wasn't. I don't feel like giving all the details, but let's just say it was purely a matter of luck which she had and I didn't. She's doing this 'job' on Friday, and when I read about it on Facebook, I just felt the injustice....

Depression ending a relationship? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone! First of all, I'm new so I just wanted to say hi! Secondly... my question. I have been in a serious, long term relationship for the past 5 years. We have had our problems and have broken up once before (and I admit, it was my fault the first time because I was too controlling...

I'm stuck.I hate logarithms [ 2 Answers ]

After log the # after is down low and the # after ^ is the exponent a^2 is a squared. Sorry its so confusing... 1. log5^9 2. log5^3/2 3.log5^30 4.log5^10/9 5.log4^a+log4^9=log4^27 6.log7^24-log7^(y+5)=log7^8 7. 2log10^6-1/3log10^27=log10^x 8. log6^(a^2+2)+log6^2=2

View more questions Search