Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kstar4u Posts: 255, Reputation: 22

Aug 11, 2011, 03:32 AM
    Financial help for a handicap wheelchair ramp
    Does anyone know of any organization(s) in Los Angeles county that might be able to help my neighbor with the cost of installing an ADA rated wheelchair ramp? He lives in a mobile home and was prepared to have a ramp built but when he advised the MHP office of his intentions they required him to contact the California Housing and Community Development department to obtain a building permit. The closest HCD office to his residence is 85+ miles away and the cost of the permit will make his project too expensive for him to affford it.

Any suggestions would really be appreciated. Thanks.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 11, 2011, 08:29 AM

Call the local library reference department to find out agencies that will help him with this entire situation.

Call the village hall/township/county office for information about a permit. (All we need here in the Chicago suburbs is a permit from the village.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sliding up a ramp [ 5 Answers ]

A frictionless track is to be built as shown, with L= 4.6 m and H= 3.9 m. In order to get the cart to slide from the top to the end of the track in the minimum time, how long should the distance D be? Assume that the speed of the cart on the horizontal surface is the same as at the bottom of the...

Hit a car going sideways down an exit ramp [ 9 Answers ]

It was raining out and the vehicle in front of me lost control. As her vehicle entered a spin my car struck its rear quarter panel. Her car was blocking the entire ramp when the accident happened but the police officer left without saying who was at fault. The cop didn't even bother to look at...

Who can perform wheelchair ramp conversions on mini-vans ? [ 0 Answers ]

I was told that wheelchair van conversions for used vans such as the Toyota Sienna & the Honda Odyssey must be performed by Toyota & Honda and that Honda no longer agrees to convert used Honda vans into wheelchair vans ? I know there are certain features such as the power sliding door on the...

What does the N mean in my handicap? [ 1 Answers ]

In my handicap it tells me that my handicap is a 6.6N. What does the N mean?

View more questions Search