Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    5shana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2011, 12:52 AM
    Type of fallacy?
    This by far, has disrupted the lives of students, the comfortability of parents and good communication with teachers
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Aug 11, 2011, 01:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 5shana View Post
    This by far, has disrupted the lives of students, the comfortability of parents and good communication with teachers
    Hi Shana,

I am assuming this statement is lifted from some type of public discourse (debate). Basically, if two sides are debating an issue then such statements (like the one you have been provided) needs to be backed up by some type of factual evidence. The statement as it stands proves nothing.

In other words, the burden of proof is always with the person who makes the statement.

Tut

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What type of fallacy is this? [ 1 Answers ]

Letter to the editor: “I would like to express my feelings on the recent Conflict between county supervisor Blanche Wilder and Murdock County Sheriff Al Peters over the county budget. “I have listened to sheriffs’ radio broadcasts. Many times there have Been dangerous and life-threatening...

What Type of Fallacy is this? [ 3 Answers ]

Despite endless efforts, no one has been able to prove that God exists; we may just as well stop trying and accept the truth: there is no God.

Type of fallacy? [ 1 Answers ]

You’re going out with Carron? Well, she’s a nice person, but I hear her last relationship was a wreck! I’d be careful if I were you. What type of fallacy is this

View more questions Search