Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ke6voq Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2007, 07:36 AM
    Lose of water pressure in one part of the house
    I was wondering if u could tell me why I have lost water pressure only in one part of my house? The master bath. Kitchen and 2nd bath are fine. We do have a softner but it has been turned off with NO FLOW for 3 yrs now. Lose of pressure started about a yr ago. Washing machine is also doing just fine.:confused:
    ke6voq
    BananaPie Posts: 59, Reputation: 7

Feb 1, 2007, 07:41 AM
    Could be the diverter (the thing you use to switch between main faucet and shower faucet). Water should never come out of both ends at the same time. If water comes out of the faucet while the shower is running, you have a bad one.

Also, you can take the low-flow restrictor out of some shower heads. All of them come with one, and it's illegal to remove them.

If you like a shower that peels the dirt off (like me), you can purchase one of those $2 shower heads from Home Depot or something and just remove the restrictor. The more expensive showerheads make it almost impossible to remove them.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 1, 2007, 03:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ke6voq
    I was wondering if u could tell me why I have lost water pressure only in one part of my house? the master bath. Kitchen and 2nd bath are fine. We do have a softner but it has been turned off with NO FLOW for 3 yrs now. Lose of pressure started about a yr ago. washing machine is also doing just fine.:confused:
    ke6voq
    Please give us more details. Both hot and cold? Is this a bathroom on a single branch? Have you tried to flush out the supplies? Thanks, tom

Feb 1, 2007, 03:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    Please give us more details. Both hot and cold? Is this a bathroom on a single branch? Have you tried to flush out the supplies? Thanks, tom
    Not sure what u are asking with single branch and flushing out the supplies. It's both hot and cold, the Bathroom sink and the shower. Also only in that one Bathroom. The rest of the house has good pressure.

Feb 1, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaPie
    Could be the diverter (the thing you use to switch between main faucet and shower faucet). Water should never come out of both ends at the same time. If water comes out of the faucet while the shower is running, you have a bad one.

Also, you can take the low-flow restrictor out of some shower heads. All of them come with one, and it's illegal to remove them.

If you like a shower that peels the dirt off (like me), you can purchase one of those $2 shower heads from Home Depot or something and just remove the restrictor. The more expensive showerheads make it almost impossible to remove them.

It's a shower , not bath/shower combo in this bathroom. Also the sink has no pressure. Shower head was changed YRS ago, so I know that is not the problem. Although with the Diverter I think you solved my sprayer prob in the kitchen.. lol.. thanks for that one. The rest of the house has good pressure though. Only the one master bath has low pressure.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 2, 2007, 05:52 AM
    Shut the water off and open up the lavatory faucet. Check and clean the inlet ports of the cartridge. Now turn the water back on to flush out the supplies. Reassemble and test. Lavatory run better now? Now do the same thing to the shower valve. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No cold water in part of house.. HELP!? [ 6 Answers ]

This past Wednesday, for some unknown reason, the cold water has stopped coming out of my kitchen faucet, (on 2nd floor) as well as no cold water in going to the washer (1st floor) or the outside spigot. There is still cold water in the bathrooms on all three floors of the house (built 1991) and...

Water line replacement = entire house low water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had a water line break in my front yard. The city replaced the line but ever since (immediately following the water being turned back on) the water pressure has been significantly lower throughout the house in both the hot and cold. I checked and the valve is completely open so I am...

House water pressure from well losing pressure [ 2 Answers ]

I have a well at my home that provides the primary water . I have replaced the well pump with a new one, the pressure tank was bad replaced it, pressure switch was bad replaced it. Now I cannot maintain pressure through out my house. The initial pressure is good for about 10 seconds then it slowly...

Power goes out in part of house w/out tripping breaker Part 2 [ 2 Answers ]

How would I use a voltage tester? Would I go from outlet to outlet measuring the voltage? I've gone around the house and tightened outlets and opened the panel and tightened the screws that were not tight. I haven't seen the lights dim since I tightened everything. Thanks a lot! Gbrown

Whole house water pressure [ 7 Answers ]

Ok, here it goes. Came home, no water. Replaced well pump ourselves. Voilą, we have water. The pressure was pretty low though. The water pressure has gotten increasingly lower as time goes on. It just took me an hour to fill my small bath tub up halfway. It literally trickles. There is...

View more questions Search