Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaxoba Posts: 8, Reputation: 2
    -

Aug 9, 2011, 08:28 PM
    The difference between love and like
    Do you know how to distinguish love and like?
    ken007nielsen Posts: 288, Reputation: 211

Aug 9, 2011, 08:33 PM
    Your question should rather be how do you distinquish like from infatuation.

Like: Hmm, I'm quite fond of that person. I wouldent mind spending some more time with that person.

Infatuation: I'm really really into this person, all I want to do is be with him/her, and when I'm not all I can do is think about that person.

Love is what comes later in a relationship.
    agh1990 Posts: 40, Reputation: 15

Aug 28, 2011, 12:42 PM
    You can both like and love someone at the same time, but if you're talking about moving on in a relationship from ust liking the person to loving them, then I don't think there's anything to think about. If you think you love them, then you probably already do.

Love isn't one of those things that just hits and overwhelms you; just as ken said, that's infatuation. Loves creeps up on you, and once you're in love with someone, it doesn't mean you won't still have hard times or arguments, it just means you're willing to work hard and move past them for the sake of the good times.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 28, 2011, 12:48 PM
    And at what age ?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 28, 2011, 02:15 PM
    The difference is that you still like them after a few years in a relationship. That's love.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between Loving someone and Being In Love [ 10 Answers ]

Okay I received a message from someone asking me what was the difference between loving and being "IN love"therefore I decided to post my opinion on the subject. Feel free to add to the post.. Difference between Loving someone and being "In Love" The Difference: First let's define...

What's the difference of being IN love. &nd actually loving someone. [ 5 Answers ]

What's the true definition of being in love.

What is the difference between love and friendship [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I have a very good friend(male). He is a loving friend of mine. He cares for me. But he says that I treat you just as a loving friend not as a life partner. But I start liking him more than a loving friend. I'm confused whether it's love or friendship.

What is the difference between having sex and making love? [ 9 Answers ]

I am 20 and I'm married, yet I feel when me and my husband do it were just having sex. I want to know what is the difference between having sex and making love?

How can you tell the difference between love & lust? [ 10 Answers ]

I was just curious because whenever 1 of my friends meet a guy and they say their in love, people keep telling them that its just lust and I wanted to know how can you tell the difference? Is it something that they will do or not do? And how can you tell if a guy really likes you for who you are or...

View more questions Search