Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    larue_1969 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2011, 03:47 PM
    Child on ssi dies, does his child receive benefits when born
    My son was 16 and on ssi for a brain injury. He was killed in an accident and has a child on the way. Will his child receive any ssi benefits?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 9, 2011, 04:48 PM

No, his child doesn't receive anything. It was a supplement for a existing disability. And since he couldn't have accumulated enough working hours then his child receives nothing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SSI benefits and Child Support for Adult Child. [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know if a parent can still be obligated to pay child support to a severely disabled adult child for the life of the child? (even if the child is receiving state benefits) we are in Cali...

Can you receive ssi and child support in Pennsylvania? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a disabled daughter and I receive SSI for her. I was told by the child support division that I can not ask for child support because my daughter receives SSI!! Is that true?

Child Support and SSI benefits [ 2 Answers ]

I have physical custody of my son. My ex wife receives SSI payments, and my son receives payments from her SSI claim. Is she still legally obligated to pay child support?

SSI Benefits and Child Support for Disabled Adult Child [ 3 Answers ]

I am the father of a 19 year old disabled daughter (learning disabilities). Her mother has been collecting child support for the past 14 years, but our CA Court Order ends child supoort at age 19. Her mother is now in the porcess of taking me back to court to continue the Adult with Disabilities...

View more questions Search