Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    compiler Posts: 91, Reputation: -1

Aug 9, 2011, 01:02 PM
    How to email an entire folder that contains subfolders or files?
    I created a new folder that contains several files. I would like to email and attach the entire folder instead of attaching the files one by one. Do you know how to email the entire folder instead of attach the subfolders or files one by one?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 9, 2011, 01:13 PM

Most programs limit how many files you can send at one time. To get around that you could "zip" the files together and send as one package.

WinZip - Windows Zip Utility - Zip Files, Unzip Files
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2011, 01:33 PM

Depending on how savvy the recipients are, you could try 7zip instead. Some e-mail programs/servers will block .zip attachments (for security reasons), but might allow .7z attachments.
    BK201 Posts: 338, Reputation: 150

Aug 9, 2011, 01:34 PM

You can also search for winrar, which is another software used for zipping and unzipping files.
    compiler Posts: 91, Reputation: -1

Aug 9, 2011, 06:05 PM
    Can you recommend the good free zipping and unzipping software that the hotmail and Gmail can attach to send by an email?

cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 9, 2011, 06:11 PM

I believe all 3 of the suggested programs have a free trial period. You get to try before you buy and see if you like it.
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2011, 08:19 PM

7zip is completely free. Open source software for the win. :)

And it supports all of the formats for the other programs (WinRAR included).
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 9, 2011, 11:31 PM
    XP and above has zip capabilities already in built, so no need for another application.
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2011, 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    XP and above has zip capabilities already in built, so no need for another application.
    Unless you want more efficient compression, better encryption, more control, etc. ;)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 10, 2011, 02:59 PM
    Well yeah that goes without saying.
    There's the Micro$oft way and the correct way ;)

Least utilising the inbuilt functions saves on having to explain the intricate workings of other programs.

After all while ask 6 people this question and you'll likely get 8 different answers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Locating Outlook Express folder and files [ 1 Answers ]

My computer crashed. I have the data disk, but not a functioning computer. The "old" computer was running XP / Outlook Express. The "new" computer runs Vista / MS Mail I have read the other posts that begin with... "export mail from Outlook Express". The old computer is not functioning and...

Trouble printing the entire email with more than one page [ 3 Answers ]

I am frustrated with my printer. I can only print one page of an email. How can I fix this. I have Windows vista and my computer and printer are HP.

Zipped folder will not extract files [ 5 Answers ]

I have this zip.folder that I download with a cool pic in it and every time I try to view the pic it just doesn't do anything and when I try to extract it it says the file skipped unknown compression method

All the files in one folder have disappeared! [ 12 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I am a professional photographer, and I recently acquired a Canon EOS 40D, my first time working with digital cameras. After my first job using it, I transferred the photos to my computer and, very stupidly, didn't put them in a CD. So something I never saw happening, happened:...

Strange files beginning $ in Windows folder [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone explain why all of a sudden I have about 50 or so hidden files starting $MSI31 uninstall_etc , &NTServicePackUninstall$, $UninstallKB824146$, etc etc and also about 30 Windows Media profile files starting WMPrffor(etc).prx located in my Windows folder. I know they're hidden files but I...

View more questions Search