Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MUNGARU Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2011, 09:18 AM
    I am unable to connect sony 5.1 external speaker to lcd TV.
    I am unable to connect sony 5.1 external speaker to lcd TV. *** let me know the set up changes to be done so that the sound comes from external speake
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2011, 09:27 AM

You generally plug them into the external speaker jack on the TV... and go into the menu of whatever TV it is you have and change the configuration to external speaker.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Aug 9, 2011, 12:36 PM

My old TV had an external speaker connection like you describe, but my current setup is a little different.

My receiver has all the connections. All my devices go into the receiver, and the TV and speakers go out of the receiver.

With HDMI pass-thru, I can still watch TV with the receiver off. For anything else the receiver has to be on and the input device selected.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2011, 01:39 PM

Makes and models of all your equipment and I will give you the best way to connect the equipment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connect external speakers to Sony Bravia [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought a sony bravia 46" LCD in which the sound is not good. I have an old sony Hi-Fi system which I connected to the TV and it performs well. But I have to switch on the hi-fi system, change the mode to MD/AUX. So I'm trying to connect the speakers directly to the TV. The speakers...

Connect LCD TV to blu ray player to 5.1 speaker [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I have a Sony LCD TV http://www.sony.co.za/product/klv-40s400a , I want to buy http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666077660#overview And...

Sony vaio laptop connect to Samsung lcd but on screen display check signal cable [ 1 Answers ]

1)I have sony vaio laptop with vist os & I have Samsung lcd TV. When I connect Samsung lcd TV I got display but on display continuous error running "check signal cable". 2) I have also compaq laptop they having windows xp os they will be connected properly with out error

Sony Vaio connect to LG LCD TV [ 1 Answers ]

How do you connect a Sony Vaio FW series to a LG LCD HD Tv Do I use a HDMI, USB or a RGB connection Thanks

Sony VCR Connect to Samsung LCD TV With Rogers Cable Box [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a 40" Samsung Full HD TV 1080 and would like to connect my Sony VCR SLV-N88 to this new Samsung HD TV via Rogers 4250 Cable Box using HDMI Cable. With my present 20" ordinary TV (Tube), I connected using coaxial cable from the cable outlet on the Wall to Rogers Cable Box using...

View more questions Search