Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dsilvanu Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2011, 03:13 AM
    A signed book by a landlord of the famous Jamaica Inn written by Daphne Du Maurier
    I am aware that Jamaica Inn was notorious for its illegal activities during the early days at Cromwall. It is now listed as a heritage and I am interested to know if my book,tiltled, 'Jamaica Inn' and signed by the landlord dated December 1952 is of any value? He signed off as 'H.C.Grose'. Is there any avenue for me to know if there was such a person as landlord during that period? I did make queries at the Jamaica Inn's website but till to date, no reply. Please help!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 9, 2011, 07:09 AM

The most helpful place to contact is your local public library's reference desk. Be sure to give them all the details you posted here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a landlord ask for more addendums to be signed after lease signed [ 1 Answers ]

After lease accepted and signed by both parties and earnest money accepted the landlord has requested a new bankruptcy addendum be signed which we would prefer not to sign do we have to in order to keep the lease valid?

Is it legal, if the document is written after the death of the person who signed it? [ 7 Answers ]

My Father has passed away on 2009 due to Heart attack. I am the only daughter to him. Now a relative of ours claims that my father has borrowed 5 lacs from him in 2008. He has filed a case on me and my mother, that we, as the legal hierers of my father has to repay him. He has Promissory...

I have never signed a written lease or never signed a verbal lease agreement.. [ 5 Answers ]

I been staying in my home for a year now.. landlord never told me how much rent I was paying... I never signed a lease or a verbel agreement about how much rent was... my landlord never came and fix anything in the home... I paid for everything to be fix... such as windows... rewiring the electric...

Landlord without a written lease [ 3 Answers ]

I have a tenant that is eight months behind in rent. There is no written lease. Is the fact that for over ten years the tenant has paid (although always late) consititue a contract (lease)? And I am posting a "vacate premise" notice giving the tenant ten days to vacate. This is in PA, and what...

30 written notice by tenant to landlord [ 2 Answers ]

On Oct 24, 2007, I gave a 30 day notice via email to my landlady. I also called her and left a message on her cell phone. On Oct 25, 2007, I sent a certified letter about the 30 day notice and sent her a check for Nov 1-23, 2007. She called to say that she got the mail on Oct 26 and wants me to...

View more questions Search