Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janice_hello Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2011, 07:05 PM
    Will an arrest record and charges dropped show for a government intern position?
    I want to apply to be an unpaid intern in a government office and got arrest months ago (misrepresentation of age), fingerprinted and everything, but the charges were dropped. They took my social for the staffing application. What will show up? And how far would I even be checked out?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 8, 2011, 07:07 PM

It would be available and view able by government agencies.
    Depending on what agency and what position you will be doing is how deep they look.

Aug 8, 2011, 07:35 PM
    Opinions about a congressional/senate office? Not police/courts or anything security related.
    Expert

Aug 8, 2011, 07:37 PM

They may look, and want you to explain the charge, and what happened. Remember if something about you happens in their office, and the news papers get involved, all of a sudden, it becomes public to everyone in the world, and they have to explain.

Aug 8, 2011, 07:48 PM
    Ok thank you
    Expert

Aug 8, 2011, 07:58 PM

I doubt it will keep you from getting it, but it is very likely you will need to show them, you were not guilty , that you were charged by mistake ( which must be the case if the charges were dropped)

Aug 8, 2011, 08:04 PM
    If they have already offered me the job before they took my social does that mean I'm in the clear or no?
    Expert

Aug 8, 2011, 08:18 PM

No, job offers are always pending background review. But many intern jobs are appointed, ( political things) and they may not even do anything but a standard check of convictions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will my arrest show up in a background check if the charges were dropped? [ 2 Answers ]

Got arrested for having a fake ID (felony), lawyer got that reduced to a misdemeanor which was then dismissed after a pre-trial intervention that required community service. I'm going to be applying for a job in a different state than the one I got arrested in. Will any of this show up in a...

Can he get these charges dropped [ 2 Answers ]

My son was acussed of a serious crime.they acussed him rape but he admitted he didn't do it. But they had him sign a paper that took his rights away cause he don't know how to read that good he maybe 18 but has mental compasite were he don't fully understand what he reads unless he has someone...

Will arrest show up on Criminal Record? [ 2 Answers ]

I was arrested a week ago by my daughter-in-law on domestic charges. Her 'statement' was incorrect and she 'embellished' things and the police found evidence to arrest me. It was devastating to say the least - considering the kids (with their baby) lived with my husband and I and we paid for...

View more questions Search