Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soraya.n Posts: 54, Reputation: 5

Aug 8, 2011, 06:03 PM
    What's wrong with the URL?
    I used to download my favorite videos on YouTube using youtubedownload.net... It is really good.but nowadays,whenever I try to download s.th it just writes: Error locating download's URL! What's wrong with this..!
    I also tried using different websites but they show the same error...
    Please help.thanks
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2011, 06:13 PM

You'll just have to stick with the legal way of viewing the videos. Go to YouTube.com.

Unfortunately downloading material off YouTube is illegal (or at the very least in the grey area of the law).

Aug 8, 2011, 06:20 PM
    Excuse me,are you saying that YouTube has just forbidden downloading lately??
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 8, 2011, 06:39 PM

Many things posted on YouTube are removed daily. So if it possible the downloads you are looking for is not there.

Also not all things posted there can be downloaded and something's are not allowed to be because they are copyrighted
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2011, 07:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by soraya.n View Post
    excuse me,are you saying that youtube has just forbidden downloading lately?!!??
    If YouTube allowed downloading there would be a download option on YouTube's website. Downloading videos from their website at the very least is a violation of their terms. As mentioned, some videos on there are copyrighted and therefore it is illegal to download those videos too.

Aug 8, 2011, 07:52 PM
    Oh no... I just download short fanvids which are allowed and available to download!:) as everyone does it... and I've heard it's because YouTube has made some changes.. I just wanted to know whether I'll be able to download again:)... I just heard that others have such problem while downloading YouTube videos,too... has it happen before?!
    Thanks for your answers
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2011, 04:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by soraya.n View Post
    oh no...I just download short fanvids which are allowed and available to download!:) as everyone does it... and I've heard it's because youtube has made some changes..I just wanted to know whether I'll be able to download again:)...I just heard that others have such problem while downloading youtube videos,too....has it happen before?!?
    thanks for your answers
    How do you know it is allowed with those videos? Did the owners give you permission? If I posted a video on YouTube, you don't have permission to download a permanent copy until I say so. Some people will post links in the description of the video where you can go to purchase the media they have uploaded on YouTube. Unless the owner of the media explicitly says you can, then you have to assume you can't.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2011, 05:04 AM
    There are many Firefox plugins to locally save Youtube videos.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you know the url? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello from Russia! I like ebooks reading and have read a lot via my mobile BENQ-SIEMENS EF 81. I can't find the English version of a favourite story from my childhood written by Swedish author Astrid Lindgren - Karlsson-on-the-Roof. There're many other different ebooks, but this one can't be...

Url redirection [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, we have a website and would like to redirect the url to ensure that Google does not blacklist our website for having 2 pages with the same content and we enjoy the benafits of SEO. www.website.com Website.com www.website.com/index.aspx Ideally, we think all should point (301...

Do you know the url? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello from Russia! I like ebooks reading and have read a lot via my mobile BENQ-SIEMENS EF 81. I can't find the English version of a favourite story from my childhood written by Astrid Lingren - Karlsson-on-the-Roof. There're many other different ebooks, but this one can't be detected. Do anyone...

URL Redirection [ 2 Answers ]

// check for submit if (!isset($_POST)) { // and display form ?> Please sect one <form action="<?php echo $_SERVER; ?>" method="POST"> <input type="checkbox" name="example" value="Arrays">Arrays<br /> <input type="checkbox" name="example" value="Loops">Loops<br /> ...

URL of an Image [ 7 Answers ]

Say I found and image on a website and I saved it to my computer. How do I find out where exactly I got the image from (after a while) I want to go to the place where it was again

View more questions Search