Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paleophlatus Posts: 459, Reputation: 112

Aug 8, 2011, 08:51 PM
    Well, there is something to the 'getting fat after spaying'. But, it has more to do with a change in metabolism, activity, and eating too much for what activity she does have. Like a lot of us.

Think of it as if Mother Nature programmed female dogs to have one litter a year and gave her two chances a year to get it done. Along with that went the metabolism to accommodate the stress of raising a litter and recovering from it without putting her life in jeopardy. Automatically.

But Man, in his infinite wisdom, upset that plan with a simple little surgery. Mom Nature, seeing no benefit to informing Man of his oversight, left it to him to figure out for himself. Eventually, it seemed to work out by simply regulating his dog's diet according to her activity and weight gain, or loss. As with any weight loss program, it is inestimably easier to live with by starting early, in anticipation of 'things to come' if nothing is done. One will find out that the correct program is one that varies from week to week, more or less, depending on each dog's life style and demands it makes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What breed does my dog look like? [ 13 Answers ]

http://tinypic.com/r/fa0i79/4

What is the breed of this dog? [ 15 Answers ]

She is only four weeks old and we got her from our local animal shelter. She has bowed legs and tiny ears like a bulldog. But she doesn't look like any of the bulldog puppies. She has thick, rather fuzzy, very soft fur.

What breed is my dog? [ 14 Answers ]

I don't know my dogs breed, :( When I first got Coco I was told that he was a miniature poodle and since he was a present I didn't ask many questions (my mom sent him from Costa Rica). Right now he is 9 months old and a lot of our friends think that he is a hybrid breed. My mom asked the...

What breed of dog? [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone know what kind of dog the little white dog in the Caesar dogfood commercial is? Riding in the convertible with it's owner?

What breed of dog do you have? [ 7 Answers ]

Hey everyone who reads this :D I was wondering what your takes on dogs are. I want to know what breed you have, if its indoor, outdoor, crate trained whatver. I want to hear funny, cute , happy etc. stories, I want to know if your overall exsperience was a good one. I'd love to hear from you...

View more questions Search