Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    withhope2010 Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2011, 01:40 PM
    Very hot house & spoilage of unopened canned pet food-safer in fridge?
    I would appreciate your opinions, advice and experiences regarding finding out if it is safer to keep unopened cans of expensive special
    Cat and dog foods in the fridge? (the cans are from the Vet, for particular ailments whereby some of my pets are on certain diets to treat their health issues) My house is an upper duplex and has been very hot (94-96 degrees) and I am worried about these cans. Thank you!
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Aug 7, 2011, 06:28 PM
    I have to say you got my couriosity up and I actually got up to check my prescription cat food for specific storage instructions. I didn't see any, although I did notice a consumer 1-800 number.
    Check your label to see if you have one.
    Can't hurt to give them a call.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2011, 07:19 PM

Hello w:

The inside of the cans are sterile, so there's nothing in there to cause spoilage even in the heat.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should my puppy eat only dry food or can I give him canned and cooked as well? [ 27 Answers ]

Should my puppy eat only dry food or can I give him canned and cooked as well?what would you recommend for cooked food for 9 week puppy?

How long will Red Wine keep unopened in the Fridge? [ 0 Answers ]

Have an unopened bottle of red wine that has been in my fridge for 4-5years. Is it safe to assume it is probably bad? I am not a wine expert by no stretch of the imagination. So, do you think it would be good or bad?

Pet food recall [ 1 Answers ]

Mars petcare maker of Pedigree and other products have recalled some dog foods. Go to mars petcare us for press release and brands affected.

Canned food or dry? [ 2 Answers ]

would canned food or dried food be better for a maltese x shih tzu? She seems to like both, but I'm just wondering which would be better?

View more questions Search