Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elizalex Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 07:07 PM
    Washing machingdrain odor
    I have had the washing machine in the same location for 20 years. Lately, when I use it there is a pungent odor coming from the drain that pervades the house. What should I do?
    popsinflorida Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Jan 31, 2007, 07:32 PM
    Mine did the same thing... septic was topping out... and also original owners didn't install proper vent in drain pipe... vapors backed up through pipe in laundry then through the ac vents... good luck... hope it might help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewer odor after using washing machine [ 9 Answers ]

We started having problems with sewer odor in our conjoined bathroom/laundry room after using the washing machine. The plumber who came out to help didn't see any problems, but recommended my husband start pulling insulation off the drain pipes to look for a crack. We live in AK and it is 20 below...

Foul odor? Please help [ 2 Answers ]

I am 21 years old. I was diagnosed recently with bacterial vaginosis and candida. I went to the Dr.'s, took the necessary medicines and when I was tested again, everything was cleared up. I use regular soap (not bar soaps because I have very sensitive skin, extra dry) I was told that products such...

Washing machine odor [ 1 Answers ]

We had a new septic system installed about 2 years ago. We had the tank pumped out in the spring and now we get an odor of sewage from the washing machine. The water does not smell. The odor only comes when my wife uses the washer. Could you please advise what could be causing it. I opened up...

Sewer odor from kitchen sink when washing machine discharges [ 1 Answers ]

Here goes... When the washing machine discharges water, I get a strong sewer smell from the kitchen sink. 1. Washing machine is located in the basement and empties into a utility sink. 2. Both kitchen sink drain and utility sink drain enter into the same cast iron pipe located in the concrete...

View more questions Search