Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maryam25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2011, 12:45 PM
    Polycystic ovarian disease.
    I'm maryam 20 years old I have polycystic ovarian disease doctor has given me regain xr for about 6 months last year.my periods were irregular now they are regular.I was fat they suggested me to lose weight I have lost around 7 kgs now at 63kgs but still want to lose more I do yoga and take care of my diet but I'm not losing weight.*** *** help I want to lose weight.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 5, 2011, 01:05 PM
    It isn't going to be easy with that disorder. I read that trans fats are one suspected cause, so was your diet a lot of processed foods? Are you able to get lots of fresh vegetables and fruits, whole grains and beans, and not too much heavy protein? Plain chicken, fish, eggs. No fried anything, no burgers, no pizza, no sweets, no white bread. Not too much pasta and potatoes. (I can see you aren't in the US but don't know where you are, so don't know what foods you usually encounter.)
    Yoga can be gently or strenuous. For losing weight, you need strenuous exercise.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Aug 5, 2011, 04:31 PM
    Anyone with polycystic ovarian syndrome should check out SoulCysters.com: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Treatment & Resources. They have tons of info there.

Very often women with PCOS are insulin resistant. That means that the best type of diet would be very low in carbs and high in protein.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome [ 4 Answers ]

So my doctor told me she thinks I have PCOS. She recommended that I go on a drug called Metformin. I'm a little skeptical because she gave me the list of symptoms and the only ones I seem to have are the heavy periods, lab work that suggests it and ovarian cysts. I also did some research and found...

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.do I have it? [ 23 Answers ]

Hi, I've been researching about FCOS, and I have a few symptoms... :( I believe I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome because my period is not exactly normal. Recently I've started working side by side my Mother every single day, and when she has her period, I have mine also, but mine always lasts at...

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome [ 1 Answers ]

I am 24years old and I think I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. I am unable to get pregnant and also have irregular periods. I am really depressed and I need help to get pregnant I am getting no younger and I want to have children. Help me please

Is it polycystic ovarian syndrome? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I haven't been exactly diagnosed with PCOS but I think I may have it. I say this because I have most of the symptoms. It all began when I became pregnant in 2001 and broke out with servere acne and started having this unusual hair growth on my neck. Prior to the pregnancy I didn't have acne...

I do have polycystic ovarian disease [ 3 Answers ]

So I do have "pcod" I found out today and I am a little upset, OK... a lot upset if any of you know a good place to find information about this disease please let me know, or if you have it or know about it PLEASE leave me some input... Thank you and god bless

View more questions Search