Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aimee21420 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 05:33 PM
    Is it okay to feed baby table food?
    My son is 11 months old and we have been feeding him from the table, eating the same things that we do. He seems to enjoy it and doesn't seem to upset his stomach. Though lately I have noticed his stool having a very foul stench. I can only compare it to a dead animal... :D it really is that bad. Is this normal or should I hold off on the adult food?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 31, 2007, 05:58 PM
    This is okay, well I say that, but I don't know your diet, so it could be unhealthy. Once you have started with table food it is hard to stop. You may have to adjust what he eats.

I can't advise you properly without knowing WHAT exactly his diet is.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2007, 06:00 PM
    I would say it is fine to feed your son table food, just be cautious as to texture of the food, mashing vegetables as needed and perhaps grinding the meat. I cannot imagine your son has a full mouth of teeth to help chew all the food. Making sure it is easy for him to chew and digest. Nothing too big or that can get stuck in his trachea. No hot dogs. Watch for food sensitivities, not adding new foods at each meal. If he develop any allergy, you would not know which food caused it. Also watch the seasonings. He is still considered a baby, although almost a toddler - still, the tummy can be easily upset. Also, is your baby getting enough fluids?

If in doubt, please call your pediatrician or family internist.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much should I feed my 6 month old baby girl? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I wanted to know if my baby girl is eating good. This is what she eats : 8-9 6ounze bottles of powder milk 2 3ounze plates of rice cereal 2- cans of fruit (gerber) Some of my food as well like rice, banana, bread ,soup What do you think!!

Routing table [ 2 Answers ]

Dell Network Wizard had identified a problem with the routing table on your computer and cannot fix it. We suggest you reboot your computer. I keep having problems connecting to the internet

What is the best food to feed your dog ? And does nupro works? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I would like to know what is the best food to feed my pitbull I am currently feeding him pedigree but he doesn't eat what is necessary for him I mean he is suppose to eat like 3-5 cups and I'm lucky if he eats at least 1 cup and what should I do to make my dog eat what he is suppose to eat...

Wet dog food and dry dog food [ 5 Answers ]

Someone told me that I should be giving a balance of wet dog food and dry dog food each week and not just dry dog food all the time. He told me that too much dry food can cause constipation. Is this true? Also, which brands are considered low grade dog food?

Div Vs Table [ 3 Answers ]

Just a quick question. I've seen a few pages on the internet about using DIV tags instead of tables. Could someone just quickly tell me what's the best to use? I could imagine DIV tags would provide you more control via CSS, but I can also see that they would be a pain in the ass to use. ...

View more questions Search