Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrandyW Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2011, 03:43 PM
    Brown discharge and no period for a year!
    Im 24 years old, I had my first child in march 2010. I have only two periods since I had him the last one was a year ago this week. I have cramping evry month but no blood what so ever. The past 3 months I have had a total of 4 days of dark brown discharge and bad cramping. What could be causing this?
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2011, 03:47 PM
    I'm concerned that you haven't seen a doctor. I would make an appointment right away. A lot of things could happen over the course of a year.

Aug 2, 2011, 08:38 PM
    I have seen a doctor and had a pelvic ultrasound. Nothing showed up that concerned them.

Aug 2, 2011, 08:40 PM
    Comment on ZoeMarie's post
    I have seen a doctor and been to the hospital for a pelvic ultrasound and nothing showed up that concerned them.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 2, 2011, 08:41 PM

Are you breastfeeding?

I didn't have a period for almost 2 years after my daughter, because I was nursing. Once I stopped nursing, my periods returned.

It can take time for you body to get back to normal after having a child. It's a lot for your body to go through.

If the doctors say all is normal, then it may be because your body hasn't returned to normal yet.

Are you using any birth control? Going on the pill should help regulate your periods.

Aug 2, 2011, 08:43 PM
    Comment on Altenweg's post
    No I never breast fed because my son was sent to a children's hospital after he was born plus I never produced milk. Hes been on whole foods for a year now.

Aug 2, 2011, 08:44 PM
    I've also been on birthcontrol and that didn't help either.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 2, 2011, 08:48 PM

Were you regular before you had your son?

What sort of tests did the doctors do?

I'd go back to your OBGYN and demand more tests.

Sadly there's very little we can do on this site. We can give you advice, but we can't give you a diagnosis.

Aug 2, 2011, 10:02 PM
    I had a pelvic exam and a pelvic ultrasound and they didn't find anything that concerned them at this time. I was always regular. I was diagnosed with endometreosis when I was 17 but I was still able to have a child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown discharge for a 12 year old? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I'm 12 years old and for the past 2 years I have had this white mucus discharge, (very uncomfortable) today I just noticed brown in my underwear, I am very curious of to what it is, no odor what so ever, the next day I dident have brown it was like a dark yellow color and I want to say their...

Brown discharge + sticky darker brown when period is due [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 17 and is sexually active with my boyfriend. We are each other first and only so it shouldn't be anything like std or something. Anyway, my period was due last thrusday and it didn't come. The only thing that came was creamy light brown discharge then on Friday night, me and my boyfriend...

Brown Discharge a week before period, then brown discharge at time of period? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently on Yaz birth control and because of a different medicine I take they say the effectiveness of the birth control may be compromised (they don't know how much) so I always make sure to use a condom in addition to the birthcontrol. I never miss a pill and take them regularly...

Brown Discharge instead of a period [ 1 Answers ]

I have been going through menopause for the last couple of years. I have just turned 50. Instead of having a period, I have brownish clotty material. Also, when it is time for me to have had my period, I experience excruciating pain in my back... to the point I have to go to a chiropractor. I'm...

View more questions Search