Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gottaknow21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2011, 11:21 AM
    Destination Wedding... HELP!!
    My husband and my best friend, who is also my child's God-Mother,(couple) are having a destination wedding. This wedding will cost us almost $4000 I was not asked to be in the bridal party, nor was he. We are wondering how much of a monetary gift we should now give them with the fact that we are just guests and we will be paying close to $4000 for the trip as well. I don't know what would be the appropriate amount,
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 2, 2011, 11:39 AM
    You could just not go, and buy a typical gift.
    Or go, and spend maybe $30 on a sugar bowl.
    Your first sentence makes it sound like your husband is marrying your best friend. Who is getting married?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2011, 11:44 AM
    I can't imagine anyone assuming that all the guests can afford $4000 to travel to their wedding. I'd send my regrets.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 2, 2011, 12:04 PM
    Monetary wedding gift? Who decided that? It's tacky unless this is your child getting married.
    You don't bring gifts with you to a destination wedding, and you have plenty of time afterwards to send one to the place they live.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 2, 2011, 04:49 PM

Assuming paying 4000 to go to a wedding is nothing for you, I guess buy them a new car

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gift for a destination wedding? [ 1 Answers ]

My niece is having a destination wedding in Costa Rica which my husband nor I will be able to attend. Her sister had her wedding in Hawaii two years ago, which we also weren't able to attend. (I have two children in college... enough said!)For her sisters wedding I had arranged after the ceremony...

Destination wedding gift etiquette [ 3 Answers ]

A family member is having a destination wedding which we will not be attending. They are also planning a reception about 9 months later closer to home. We, of course, want to give a gift but am unsure if we do this prior to the actual wedding or do we wait until the reception 9 months later which...

Gift Giving for a Destination Wedding [ 24 Answers ]

My husband and I are attending a destination wedding that is going to cost the two of us a total of $1100 just to be in attendance for our friends nuptials. That amount includes only airfare, hotel and a rental car. We will still have further expenses throughout our 4 day stay. Is it...

My family upset about destination wedding [ 5 Answers ]

I have dilema. My fiancé and I decided a year ago when we got engaged that we wanted a wedding that reflected who we are and what we love. We decided to have a destination wedding in Cuba with our kids. We invited people to join if they wanted to share in our day and enjoy time on the beach. We...

Destination Wedding [ 3 Answers ]

I am a maid of honor at a destination wedding, there will not be any one else coming except the bride, groom, best man, myself and the father of the bride. I am not sure if it is appropriate to have a shower for her or not?

View more questions Search