Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abhi_123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2011, 12:38 AM
    Computer won't start up?
    When I switch on the computer.. the light on the motherboard is on but.. my computer does not load xp..? What could be the problem... help ***..
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2011, 05:10 AM

Do you hear any beeps? Is the hard drive light blinking? If you let it sit for a bit, do you eventually hear the Windows startup sound through your speakers?

There could be any number of problems going on. You could have a video adapter/card failure, a monitor failure, a failure in the monitor cord, a motherboard failure, a power supply failure, etc.
    yveted Posts: 37, Reputation: 0
    -

Aug 17, 2011, 12:32 AM
    Believe that you've solved the problem.
    emptyharddrive Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Aug 30, 2011, 12:37 PM
    Well, can be you have a problem with you hard drive. Sometime for some reason hard drive lost some files that bring you computer to up the sistem, when you try to start you computer any error message appear? To see if your xp system is OK, try this start you computer (from off) as soon you put your computer on, click f1 repeately, until the save mode appear, if you have any diagnostic software in your computer is the time to use it. If not and you check your monitor and is working perfect, do you have any laptop that you can connect the monitor to see if is working? Or if you have another monitor that you can connect the computer and see if is the monitor. Do you hear the hard drive working? Like a beep when you turn your computer on?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer won't start [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn on the power of my computer it only turns on but won't boot up, it won't even make the post boot beep. I haven't installed any new hardware. It just started doing that recently. It boots up after a number of turning off and on. What could be the problem, how do I fix it. Its an Acer...

2009 snowblower.won't start w/elec.start.the rope pull won't reciol. What do I do [ 2 Answers ]

Have 1 yr. old sears snowblower.oil good,gas full.rope is stuck,won't recoil,have it hanging on handle.tried elec.start.sounds like it wants to start but won't.is it because rope pull won't coil back into place or something else.under warranty but I have to bring it to sears.no truck.please...

Computer won't start! [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me, I can't get my computer to start! Yesterday I was watching a video online and all of a sudden it stopped and my computer frose. My mouse still moved but I couldn't click on anything so I held down the power button to turn it off. I have a dell xps with windows vista on it. Now...

My computer won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Ive had a lot of problem with my computer and until recently it started to messed up. My friend download a game called warrock. Soon after that my computer started to messed up and it no longer is even able to load that fast anymore or even take me to the main window. Can anyone help me

All of Sudden... Computer won't Start! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Yesterday I was working on my PC for couple of hrs. After I was done, I switched it off and left for some work. When I came back and tried to switch it on.. it won't start. No fans wotsoever.. no cpu fan, no chasis fan, no smps fan. I only see a small led lighting up on motherboard....

View more questions Search