Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jada27 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2011, 04:02 PM
    Large hole
    Large hole in my cheak after wisdoms extracted is this normal it looks torn and its large enough for the tip of a pinky to be put in it. Its painful and uncomfortable.normal you or no
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 1, 2011, 04:06 PM
    Not your cheek, your gum, right?
    It's normal. They don't stitch gums shut anymore after tooth extraction.
    You should have a page of instructions for how to take care of it for about a week or two. If you don't, Answer below, because it's important.
    Allenda Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Aug 8, 2011, 12:13 AM
    There should not be a hole there, after the tooth was extracted there should have been placed some wadding for you to bite on for 30 minutes so that the blood would clot. Dry sockets are a fairly commonplace complication associated with having a tooth extracted. Their occurrence is associated with a situation where the blood clot normally expected to occupy the extraction site and initiate its healing has instead been lost. The net result is that the healing of the socket becomes delayed. It is also commonplace that dry sockets can be incredibly painful. I would make an immediate appointment with your dentist. If this is the case he will scrape the edges of the cavity to cause it to bleed, place some medication in the hole and stitch it up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repair of hole in large tree trunk [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I live in deep south Texas. I have read several comments about using Rocktite expanding cement and asphalt for filling/repairing holes in trees. I have an Ash tree with several trunks that has started with a hole from where a limb had been cut off. It is about 8" x 12" and has a colony of...

How to patch large hole on the bottom of the pool ? [ 0 Answers ]

I have been asked by my customer to install 2nd drain on the bottom of her pool. I will need to cut about 5 feet long x 12 inches wide x 16" deep block of concrete from the bottom of the pool, excavate and expose existing drain pipe, split the drain into two and install two drain heads. Now, how...

Small pipes drains into LARGE hole under shower [ 4 Answers ]

Our shower drain goes down in just a large hole under the bathtub where you would think a drain would be. This large hole is half full of water and when you use the bathtub and drain it the water fills the hole and then starts to leak from under the tub. We have a small access door on the side...

Fill large hole in foundation wall [ 3 Answers ]

I have a rather sizeable hole at the top of my foundation (just below the sill plate) where the vent and fill pipes for an oil tank used to pass through. It's about 6 inches wide and 4 inches tall. The guy who removed them really chipped away at the wall to get them out. Anyway, now I need to...

How to repair large hole in tree trunck [ 2 Answers ]

How do I repair a large hole in an Oak tree trunk? Do I fill it with something or just leave nature to heal its self? I would hate to lose the tree. It appears to be have been done by a woodpecker. A very large, deep hole about 6 inches tall by 3 wide. About 8 foot off the ground. Thanks...

View more questions Search