Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaimie02 Posts: 114, Reputation: 6

Jan 31, 2007, 03:50 PM
    Bad Rumors
    What if I heard a rumor about my bgf/crush and I know its not true. Its REALLY bad. But there is this teeny part of me that is confused about it. I don't even sleep at night because of this... ik its ridiculous, but its bothering me. IDk what to do!
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2007, 06:52 PM
    That teeny part of you that is confused is doubt that this may just be true. That is why you can't sleep. You say you know its not true but in your head there is still a lingering question.

Is this rumor something that you can talk about here? Who was spreading it? Is it someone that likes your bgf/crush? Or someone who has it out for her? You have to look at the source of the rumors. Is this someone you know well and think is reliable. If not, there isn't any need for you to lose sleep. Whatever the rumor is, it is not true. I can pretty much guarantee it.

If you want to talk about it more to make yourself more comfortable so you can sleep, post again.
    jaimie02 Posts: 114, Reputation: 6

Feb 1, 2007, 01:54 PM
    YEa I guess I can talk about it. This girl ik is telling people that nick is a petifile. I know it is not true. He's my bgf, and I know it can't be true. However, ik people who believe this girl. And this girl is also someone I know pretty well. She would not lie about something so serious, she doesn't have it out for him and she isn't his ex, so I'm confused. He wouldn't do that, she wouldn't lie.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2007, 02:49 PM
    I can definitely understand why you are confused! This is a difficult situation and if I were in your place I would feel the same way.

Okay, so let's try and break this down:

You metioned that Nick was your bgf. You also mentioned in your first post that you also have a crush on him. So, you do have more feelings for him than friendship. When that happens, sometimes it is hard to pick up those little signals that might tell you that there may be something wrong. Our emotions and feelings sometimes cloud our judgement. You will find that what I am saying to be true as you get older and go through different situations in life.

You mention that you know this girl pretty well. She isn't an ex of his, doesn't have it out for him and is someone who is generally honest and doesn't lie. Especially about something as serious as this.

I guess the first thing I would want to know is how old is Nick? Does he go to the same school and if not, how do you know him? What does he do?

How old are you? How old is this girl and is she someone that you see all the time? Are you both still in school? If not, what do you do and how did this girl meet or how does she know Nick? How did you meet this girl?

Since this is such a serious accusation, knowing the stuff I am asking will help me get this into proper order and will help me to think this through with you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

My ex's best friend is spreading rumors about me [ 9 Answers ]

I live in a group home where you aren't allowed to date anyone else in the group home. Back in August, when school started, I started dating one of the other clients anyway. We went really strong and steady until he broke up with me because we got in a fight over religion. He is Wiccan and I'm...

How bad is it? [ 11 Answers ]

For the past 5 months I have been severely depressed-which in turn has made me doubt myself greatly. I've been so depressed to where I can't eat or sleep, if I do eat, it makes me want to vomit and I do. When I do, I feel better because I know I'm not going to gain weight from what I had just put...

How bad is it? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I am a Christian and have been studying religion etc for quite sometime. I think I have a strong faith and try to live as good as possible... I obviously have my weaknesses.. I really need to know more about what the church says about oral sex, masturbation etc I mean I feel like what I've...

Need 2 know! BAD! [ 3 Answers ]

How can you tell if you are implantation bleedin(baby) or having a very light period? Really need 2 know!! :confused: :(

View more questions Search