Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JamesArey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2011, 06:45 AM
    How can I transfer files from an old (1999-era) iMac to a more recent-era iBook?
    I've tried hooking up a basic USB cable, but the current iBook doesn't recognize the old iMac.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Aug 2, 2011, 07:05 AM
    Instead of using a cable use a usb flash stick formatted to fat 32. Drag diles onto the USB from the old computer then you can move them onto the new one. If the old mac is an OS 9 you may want to add extensions to the files to help them be recognized by the applications to open this can be done after the file is moved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The new era of civility [ 67 Answers ]

After the Tucson tragedy, President Obama urged a "new era of civility." He called on us to "pause for a moment and make sure that we are talking with each other in a way that heals, not a way that wounds.” I hope he follows his own advice. Donna Brazile apologized for "how my words, the...

What can a lump be behind your era mean? [ 0 Answers ]

The lump is on th right side, small and painfull and when I move my neck I hurts me I alos am getting cramps at the side of my head

WWII era movie [ 1 Answers ]

There is a movie I saw as a kid, I believe it was set in the WWII era, and the only scene I remember was a girl going out and her little brother drew a line up the back of her leg to make it look like she was wearing nylons. What movie is this? It's driving me crazy.

Indie era? [ 1 Answers ]

Lyrics something like-1990 Welcome to the Guru?Who sang the song?

View more questions Search