Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marirobles Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2011, 07:43 PM
    Hampton Bay ceiling fan (3 wires)
    My dad is trying to put together his ceiling fan but forgot which wires go where... there's only 3 wires and online I can only find info on 4 wires... there a black, red, and blue wire.. any help would be great!
    denman Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Aug 2, 2011, 07:43 PM
    Need more info. Are the 3 wires coming from fan unit. What's in the ceiling box, blk,what,ground or blk,what,red,
    Ground. Does it even have a ground. Somewhere in that fan there has to be a white wire. Typically the blk is the fan motor and the blue is the light feed. Red, I'm not sure what that would go to without seeing it. Sorry I'm not much help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a hampton bay lighting kit and a n A.C. Ceiling fan what are the power wires [ 2 Answers ]

There are 2 white wires connected to a yellow and an orange is that the wires I would connect my white from the light and there are two black wires I am assuming that the black from my light kit would go to them?

How to install hampton bay fan with 4 wires [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I hope that someone can help me to install my fan and remote control with 4 wires The configuration is as follow Ceiling-Black wire, white wire, Red wire Remote-1 white to motor, 1 black to motor and 1 blue to light, also has 1 white for AC and 1 black for AC Fan-1 white, 1 black and 1...

How to install a Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan when wires don't match. [ 12 Answers ]

Our fan has three wires, black, White & Blue. Our outlet in the ceiling has two blue and two black wires. We have two switches on the wall and no remote. We don't know what to connect to what.

Color coding of wires in Hampton Bay ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan and the fan switch went bad so I bought a new one but I don't know how to connect the wires since the old switch was broken and some wires were not connected to it. I have a yellow and a blue wire from the capacitor, a black one that comes from the power source and...

Hampton Bay remote wires do not match fan wires [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday I installed a new Hunter ceiling fan. I also purchased a Hampton Bay wireless wall switch. Everything went well until I wired up the remote receiver. The receiver has a blue wire for the light that is supposed to connect to the blue wire (light) from the fan. The Hunter fan does not have...

View more questions Search