Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nuttypuppy333 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2011, 07:50 AM
    Fractured rib
    If you crack a rib, how much pain are you in? Is it an annoying pain that won't go away or is it a breath stopping excruciating pain that sends you to the hospital? Not talking about a compound fracture or a total break, just a crack or a serious bone bruise
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 31, 2011, 07:56 AM

How much pain can you stand ? A pain with every breath.

Jul 31, 2011, 08:03 AM
    a mild pain with every breath. No strength in the arm/shoulder/back of the same side. Also pretty painful when rolling over in bed. Pain level breathing=2 rolling over=6

Jul 31, 2011, 08:21 AM
    I leaned back expecting to use my weight to help me tighten a knot, equipment failure and I fell over backwards on concrete. I landed hard on the upper back trying not to smack my head. Hands flew out and I hit my right thumb which took ice later and the pain there went away.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 31, 2011, 09:21 AM
    Fractured ribs vary in pain depending on how badly they are broken and what you're doing. I had one once that was bad enough that I couldn't breathe easily but I'm going through one now that isn't so bad. A rib that is completely broken will generally hurt more than one that is simply cracked. Unfortunately, they don't do much for you these days if you do have a fractured rib other than maybe prescribe pain killers. If it's actually broken they will usually wrap it to limit movement because if the rib is broken loose, you risk having it puncture something in your body. So, it really is best to go get it checked if you think you have a fracture.

Jul 31, 2011, 09:49 AM
    Thanks. I have called for an appointment. Im expecting to see a doctor this week.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you know when you fractured your shin? [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday I was playing softball in the field of dreams got a hit straight to the shin... owwww and now it really hurts I see a bruise but when I touchn it or hop it hurts really bad is it fractured

Fractured hand? [ 4 Answers ]

About two days ago I fractured my hand.Today it is swollen 2x the size of when I fractured it.What can I do to help the swelling?

Fractured leg? [ 7 Answers ]

If you have a fracture in your lower leg would you still be able to walk on your leg?

Fractured Back [ 3 Answers ]

Hey it's me, About 2 years ago, I fractured my back. Ever since then, I haven't been able to do any tricks, not even a cartwheel. I've been trying to work on my flips and stuff, but my back just won't bend right. I've been working on stretching it out, but when I try to do the flip, my back just...

View more questions Search