Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skylude52 Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2011, 09:14 PM
    '99 Civic Rear Brake question. I need to replace my rear brake shoes on a '99...
    '99 Civic Rear Brake question. I need to replace my rear brake shoes on a '99 Honda Civic. I have never changed them before and I am wondering the difficulty level of changing them. The mechanic is charging around $250 and I asked AutoZone and their prices is $15.99 per shoe so I'm thinking it would be best to do it myself... as long as the work isn't too intensive. Also the rear shocks are in need of being replaced and I'm wondering if it is wise to do both while I'm back there. Any suggestions would be helpful, I'm also going to check around online to see if I can find a walkthrough to assist me. Thanks in advance.
    Skylude52 Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2011, 06:40 PM
    Also I need to replace the rack and pinion and I was wondering if I should attempt to do all of this while I'm there or if it would be too difficult for a novice. Also if you know what tools would be needed such as a spring compressor for the shocks, just specialty tools that are uncommon, that would also help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The brake/clutch line has become disengaged near the rear by the stands [ 1 Answers ]

There doesn't seem to be anything broken, but I can't figure out how to attach the line so it remains tight.

Change rear brake pads 03 Honda Accord [ 1 Answers ]

How do I change the brake pads on my 2003 Honda Accord

93 beretta rear drivers side brake locking up [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1993 Beretta. Recently I noticed the brake fluid was low. Filled it up and after a couple weeks, it was low again. I took all the wheels off to look for brake fluid, found the passenger side rear wheel had a leaky wheel cylinder. I ended up replacing the wheel cylinders on both sides...

View more questions Search