Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bluechesee Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2011, 08:05 PM
    my hamster has green bumps on his belly what should i do?
    My russian dwarf hamster ,Rango, has many dark green bumps on his tummy and we just noticed this it looks like it might hurt but she's acting very normal? My hamster is losing weight also her tummy is damp. It might be a skin infection but were not sure. Theirs about 6 bumps by the hamsters bottom legs. The hamster is running on the wheel and then slows down randomly. The bumps are small but puffy.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 30, 2011, 08:26 PM
    This is possibly what is called "Wet Tail" or something along those lines. Is the cage clean and dry? Plenty of food and water? Do a Google search for Wet Tail to get more information. Either way, it sounds like your hamster needs to get to the vet soon.

Jul 31, 2011, 10:00 AM
    Comment on odinn7's post
    Thanks but my mom won't take me to the vet but telling me its wet tail is helpful thanks
    Entomology Expert

Jul 31, 2011, 04:32 PM
    I don't know for sure that it IS wet tail but it COULD be. Good luck and I hope everything works out.

Aug 1, 2011, 10:54 AM
    Comment on odinn7's post
    Thanks so much

Aug 2, 2011, 02:11 PM
    Now my hamsters eye is shrinking what do I do? I'm soooo sad :(
    Entomology Expert

Aug 2, 2011, 05:03 PM
    I am sorry. I have already said the hamster needs to see a vet. It is obvious there is something major wrong with it and if you can't get it to a vet somehow, there is nothing anyone here can do. It sounds like dehydration from diarrhea and there's not much you can do without a vet.

Aug 2, 2011, 06:22 PM
    K fine but my hamsters I doesn't look good and the green stuff is going all over is there anyway to put him out of its misery *** *** help me I beg you research anything
    Entomology Expert

Aug 2, 2011, 08:15 PM
    I'm really sorry. I've been there before. I've had mice, hamsters, rats, guinea pigs and eventually they all died. Unfortunately, I cannot do anything for you. I gave you the suggestion and you are unable to do it. I can't heal your hamster... if I could, I would. At the same time, I can't tell you how to put it out of its misery.

I am sorry... I know how it feels.
    teza2000 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2011, 03:29 PM
    Byt the description you have given it ,must be wet tail go to the vets and you can get treatment if you can't go to the vets do a Google seardh and you might find a way to treat it yourself
    Entomology Expert

Dec 18, 2011, 05:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teza2000 View Post
    byt the description you have given it ,must be wet tail go to the vets and you can get treatment if you can't go to the vets do a google seardh and you might find a way to treat it yourself
    This advice is just a little late, don't you think? This was posted 5 months ago... the hamster is either dead or cured by now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hard red lump on hamster belly area [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I found a huge lump around the anus-belly area of my female dwarf hamster. It is a pretty big lump, pink in colour with a rough hard surface. It has no hair growing on it and take up a large part of the belly. She is not pregnant and the lump is too big to be some sort of clog. She is almost 3...

Achy belly under belly button, and had dirreaha (tmi I know sorry) [ 6 Answers ]

I am irregular when it comes to AF, had my period last month (april) from the 8th to the 12th.. my husband was home for leave from iraq and we tried our hardest to conceive, but I do not know if it works. I typically have my period around the 28th but sometimes comes late or a month late... very...

Red bumps on stomoch below belly button? [ 3 Answers ]

HI, my partner has all these bumps on his stomoch just below his belly button there a quite a few and there red sometimes they get itchy he says and there red some more red than others... thanks for your help!!

View more questions Search