Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Seifer780 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2011, 04:24 PM
    Having issues daisychaining and can't connect.
    This is going to sound silly, but then again, I'm sure you all have experienced your fair share of them.

We are using a modem, where the internet is connected to the router. The router is connected to a switch [Cisco catalyst 2900 Series XL] hat runs to several CAT5E connections all over 1 part of the house. From the Cisco, it runs into a Netgear 8 port dual speed hub.

That is where my room is. We currently have a Linksys WAP set up but it keeps going out. I wanted to set up my Linksys WRT54G router up to it, but it will not connect to the internet! I've tried factory resetting it, and breaking the DHCP lease. It is getting a valid IP (192.168.1.1) but still I get no internet access.

Currently running Windows 7. The WAP works but poorly. Any ideas as to why the router won't connect?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 30, 2011, 04:59 PM

What router does the modem go into? What IP is it set for?
    Seifer780 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2011, 05:34 PM
    The modem is connected to the first router (Linksys WRT54G), but I don't feel I answered your question correctly.

I'm not sure what IP it is set for. I would say DHCP.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 30, 2011, 05:43 PM

The IP for the router is preset. It's the 192.168.1.1 If you had the roiuter and the WAP they might be conflicitng. I would take the WAP out and use the 54G for wireless.

Are you sure the router is getting an IP from the modem?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend trust issues and my own issues. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My girlfriend and I have been dating for nearly a year and she still has some major trust issues and I will admit I still have a very minor lying problem that I admitted to my girlfriend when we first started dating. Not exactly the best combo, but we wanted to date regardless. So as...

Desktop will not connect to LAN on one particular outlet, but other PCs will connect [ 1 Answers ]

I am very puzzled and without a clue as why one of my PCs will fail ("A network cable is unplugged") to connect to my LAN using a particular outlet, but if I connect another PC, as a notebook, on the same outlet there are no LAN connection failures. Yet if I connect the desktop to another outlet,...

Errection issues or Attraction issues [ 3 Answers ]

Folks! - I have a problem. I'm 26, my girlfriend is 20 - We both hold eastern values (for the most part) and I've been with her for about 1 year now - we've been having regular sex everyday pretty much for about 8/9 months now - and by regular sex I mean sex every day, sometimes couple of times...

View more questions Search