Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    squish120 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2011, 12:33 PM
    Why do I eat constatly when I'm not even hungry?
    I am a skinny girl an ieat even when I'm not hungry at all I just keep eating an I'm in the kitchen all the time. I don't think I have a disorder because I looked that up an I found nothing that matched my behavior an inclued nothing about a skinny female who haz such eating habitz like mine.. so I don't know wantz going on.. maybe itz normal, I don't know...
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Jul 29, 2011, 12:48 PM

How old are you? Can you tell me what specifically you typically eat in a day?

Can you please use proper spelling, the "z"s are distracting and hard to read.

Jul 29, 2011, 01:15 PM
    Comment on southamerica's post
    Im 16, I'm always going back and forth to the kitchen so I'm not really sure how much I usually eat in a day, I know that when I've eaten something an get full off it I don't stay full for long an I'll be back eating something else less than hour later a lot of time...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 29, 2011, 01:25 PM

Buy an 8.5x11" notebook and keep a food log. Write down the name and quantity of everything you eat -- every grape, every chip, every drink. Date each entry and note the times too.

Jul 29, 2011, 01:44 PM
    I'm 16, I'm always going back and forth to the kitchen so I'm not really sure how much I usually eat in a day, I know that when I've eaten something an get full off it I don't stay hungry for long an I'll be back eating something else less than an hour later a lot of times...

Jul 29, 2011, 01:48 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    What do I do aftr I've recorded how much I eat
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Jul 29, 2011, 01:52 PM

After you've recorded your typical day eating, discuss it with your parents.

At 16 your body is really craving a lot of nutrients, it's growing FAST! When I was a teenager I could (and did) eat an entire box of mac n cheese, followed by an entire cheese pizza, and then a bowl of ice cream. I was always stuffing my face.

It wasn't necessarily healthy, but I was in a lot of sports and activities and it just made me more hungry. The fact that you're concerned about your health is not a bad thing, sit down with your mom and dad and ask them if what you're eating is okay for you. You will also be able to get that perspective yourself by seeing if you are taking in a fair amount of veggies, fruits, grains, dairy, meat, etc. and not just focusing on junk food.

It's okay to have a healthy appetite at your age, as long as you're staying active!

Jul 29, 2011, 03:46 PM
    Im not in any sports I've wanted to be in basketball but no I'm not in any but yeah I do eat a lot. I will make sure to record the things that I do eat though

Jul 29, 2011, 03:47 PM
    Comment on squish120's post
    Oh I also have metbolism

Jul 29, 2011, 03:58 PM
    Comment on squish120's post
    But I also mentioned that eat also when I'm NOT even hungry at all.. so I don't know if there's an explanation for that...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 29, 2011, 04:18 PM

but i also mentioned that eat also when im NOT even hungry at all.. so idk if theres an explanation for that...

I'm guessing eating has become a habit. When I sit and read a book, I like to have a bag of M&Ms or a bunch of grapes close by to munch on. I used to eat from a bag of cheese popcorn, but was dropping too many kernels on the pages and leaving yellow spots and smears. Crackers are no good either because tiny crumbs fall into the book's gutter.

You have decided you need something in your hand and in your mouth. Chew sugarless gum instead of picking up food when you're not hungry. Or do like my mom does: brush your teeth and vow not to eat and thereby spoil the cleaning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm hungry but when I eat I feel sick [ 14 Answers ]

Before you begin to try and answer my case please note that I am not sexually active so that eliminates a pregnancy. I am not taking birth control nor any other medicine. Just yesterday I began to notice it when my dad made thus delicious fish that I love to eat because he only makes it on special...

Should I only eat when I'm hungry? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 100 pounds overweight and can go 2 days without food and not feel hungry. I tried only eat when I was hungry and I lost 11 pounds in 4 days. However, I always eat before I'm hungry because I love the taste of food. What do you think? (Please do not tell me anything about my metabolism slowing...

Diet where you drink shakes and nothing else, father hungry should he eat? [ 3 Answers ]

My father started this diet that his friend told him. Just drink one shake in morning, one shake at night.. and OK lunch at lunch time. But he's hungry, I know I would be too. This diet is too limiting, is it OK if he eats something? My father used to eat a lot and just drinking a shake is...

Why do I feel hungry sooner on the days I eat breakfast? [ 1 Answers ]

I know breakfast is important but on the days I have breakfast ( toast with peanut butter, oatmeal, an english muffin, etc) I start to feel very hungry about an hour or so later, sometimes I evern start to feel nausious. If I skip breakfast I am not nearly as hungry for lunch.

Always hungry [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I’m a 24 years old and I’m not fat but I really don’t like to be hungry all the time. So… usually in a normal day I weak up at 9.00 am and I have cereal with mil for breakfast, later about 11.30 am I get hungry again but I don’t eat anything until 13.00, that’s when I have lunch usually...

View more questions Search