Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Journey Indiana Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2011, 11:52 AM
    How do I remove my ex-girlfriend and her son who is on SSI out of my house?
    I have ask my ex-girl friend and her son who is on SSI to leave my house. She contacted a lawyer and is allow to stay in the house until Dec. when we see a judge?

What are my rights right now?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 29, 2011, 11:56 AM

Her laywer said (but do you actually know that is the truth, have you checked, have you spoken to him, is there a legal missive regarding her staying until December) till December and see a judge then. I guess you have to wait for the court date in December. Those are your rights at the moment. If you can't stand the site of either one, then I guess you can always go stay somewhere else until that date.

I don't want to know the particulars, but you are not in a good position right now.

Tick
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2011, 11:58 AM

If YOU own the house... have them served with a written 30 day notice for eviction... by a process server, at that point you can have a court process the actual eviction where a sheriff will physically remove them and their property from the residence.

Now if they act in a threatening manner do NOT hesitate to call the police... the police will take them away and you can get a restraining order against them to prevent them from returning.

Perhaps if you explain what court gave them until December and why?
    Journey Indiana Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2011, 11:58 AM
    She is not working and eating my food and when my son and daughter comes and stays she is awful. So, I have to put up with this for 5 months?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 29, 2011, 12:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    If YOU own the house...have them served with a 30 day notice for eviction....by a process server, at that point you can have a court process the actual eviction where a sheriff will physically remove them and their property from the residence.

No if they act in a threatening manner....the police will do it and you can get a restraining order against them.
    Smooth don't you think that is extreme. G/f has already contacted a lawyer who says, etc. etc. How can you advise this if you don't know the particulars.

If they are waiting for a court date to solve this (so the OP says), then how can he kick them out on a 30 day notice?
    \
    Tick
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2011, 12:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Smooth dont you think that is extreme. G/f has already contacted a lawyer who says, etc. etc. How can you advise this if you dont know the particulars.

If they are waiting for a court date to solve this (so the OP says), then how can he kick them out on a 30 day notice?
    \
    tick
    Because unless a court ordered a stay until a hearing Or he signed an agreement with that lawyer agreeing to let them stay until December... his rights to evict still stand.

And eviction is the correct legal process required to remove someone from a property or home.

The particulars really don't matter. Homeowners don't typically get signed leases for their live-in girlfriends. Thus its legally a month to month lease even without cash exchanging hands... and a visitor, family member or someone you rented a room to that's not paying... the process is the same. If you want them out, and they won't go... Eviction.
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2011, 12:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey Indiana View Post
    She is not working and eating my food and when my son and daughter comes and stays she is awful. So, I have to put up with this for 5 months?
    If you didn't sign an agreement allowing them to stay until December... file to have them evicted, her talking to a lawyer changes nothing... unless you signed an agreement with that lawyer, or a judge issued a ruling allowing them to stay and mooch until then, it's a stall tactic. Make sure you do it according to the law. I'd pay a lawyer to have it done so you don't make mistakes. It would be cheaper for you in the long run.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my son receive SSI? [ 2 Answers ]

my 3 year old son's father is in prison for 3 years, is he able to recieve SSI? We are not married. And he was never on SSI before.

How do I remove my sons girlfriend from my house in Pennsylvania. [ 7 Answers ]

My sons girlfriend moved into my house about 2 years ago. She fights with my sons and is verbally abusive to me and physically and verbably abusive to my son. She does not pay for anything food, rent utilities etc. She refuses to leave stating she has squatters rights. I feel threatened by her...

Me and my son ssi check at tax time [ 2 Answers ]

I have a son that get ssi, He just turn 18 this past sept 16, 2007 He lived with me till he turn 18, I haven't reported this to ssi , cause we were waiting to see if this was going to last with him out on his own, he has moved in with his cousin. And has been there for 2 months now. But...

About my son SSI payment [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I have a 17 year old son who is mildie mental retared, and get SSI, now when he turn 18, does he need to be re-tested for his disabilty? Or does he have to apply for himself since he will be turning 18? And will his check go up? And will he be able to work so many hours a mo. We live...

My son who is on SSI [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: My son is 17 He will be 18, this sept. He also gets SSI, for begin mildy mental retared. SS said that he will be coming up for review, rigth before his 18 B day, I guess this is were he has to apply, rigth, they haven't said anything other wise. (what I want to know is, what are...

View more questions Search