Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coolsam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2011, 02:29 PM
    d-link n150 wan 0.0.0.0?
    I am trying to setup a DIR-601 wireless router (Hardware Version: A1 Firmware Version : 1.00NA ) with my connection from Astound.

I am able to connect to the internet from the cable modem (Motorola SURFboard SB5101) but I am unable to get it to work through the router. All the lights on the router look OK.

When I look at the WAN status from the router setup page I see :

WAN
    Connection Type : DHCP Client
    Cable Status : Connected
    Network Status : Disconnected
    Connection Up Time : N/A

IP Address : 0.0.0.0
    Subnet Mask : 0.0.0.0
    Default Gateway : 0.0.0.0
    Primary DNS Server : 0.0.0.0
    Secondary DNS Server : 0.0.0.0
    Advanced DNS : Disabled

* I noted that the router did not show me the correct time. Is that normal ?

I have even copied my laptop's MAC address but it did not work. I restarted the modem and the router a number of times but to no avail.

Any help is appreciated!
    Coyote75 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2011, 01:18 PM
    If you can get into the wirless setup;

Try this (and I know someone will say I'm wrong :) ) but see how you go...

IP Address : 192.168.100.2
    Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway : 192.168.100.1
    Primary DNS Server : 0.0.0.0
    Secondary DNS Server : 0.0.0.0
    Advanced DNS : Disabled

And I'm guessing you have a ethernet cable connecting the two devices together and that they are pluged into right ports.. (On D-link in the "internet" port and on the Motorola SURFboard SB5101 it is pluged into the "ethernet" port(not that there is anywhere else to plug into that) :)
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Aug 28, 2011, 02:51 PM
    Set the modems internal address to
    IP: 192.168.1.1
    Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
    For your access point
    IP: 192.168.1.2
    Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1
    I am not familiar with your particular hardware as to setting up DNS, though this is usually handeled by your ISP and should work automatically id you do not change the DNS settings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you use a Click Banks Affiliate link as a button? Or only as a link to Owners Sit [ 1 Answers ]

I want create separate website for different Click Bank Products, and I want to add the affiliate link to the Buy Now button so my customers can buy the product right there and then without having to go to another website. Or does clickbank affiliate link only allows you to send customers to...

Wan my confidence. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm rina... I really wan help from somebody.. see.. I'm 23 My problem is that:::: Since my childhood I am agirl feels unable to express my feelings just bcos I have a fear inside me that others may make fun of me.. I was average at studies.Toppers in my class I feel wow hw they get in top.....

Shutdown a PC over a WAN? [ 3 Answers ]

I know I can shutdown a computer on my LAN by going to start > run > cmd > shutdown -i I enter the computer's IP and then I shut it down. Works great to shutdown PCs to save on electricity. Is there a way to shutdown one of my computers in my home LAN over a WAN connection? For example, if...

Subnetting for WAN [ 1 Answers ]

In a WAN situation can I have all routers (3 different cities) using Class B IP adds 10.x.x.x all servers at the 3 locations using Class B 10.x.xx.xx and work stations using class B 172.31.x.x but putting everything under the same subnet mask

View more questions Search