Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ernurdwl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 11:52 AM
    Stepdaughter out of control
    I have an 11yr old stepdaughter that calls me a M.F on a daily basis, I spanked and her mother and I are now trying to mind things, how do I handle her if we get back toghter.. thank David
    KMSRyana Posts: 142, Reputation: 26

Jan 31, 2007, 12:29 PM
    Well, if you do get back together... I'd suggest that you don't try to assume the role of being the disciplinarian (sp?). Most kids secretly want their natural parents to get back together, no matter the circumstances. So she sees you as an obsitcal in the path to her dreams. The harder you try to be "her dad" the harder she will fight you on it. Back off and just be yourself. In some ways, act like she's not even there. Don't ignore her completely, but don't try to strike up conversation with her. Let her be the one to start the conversations. Let her come to you, and maybe she'll see that you're really trying and will become your friend. Becoming someone she respects and looks up to is what it's all about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kick out my 18 yr old stepdaughter [ 13 Answers ]

How do I legal have my 18 year old stepdaughter removed from my house.. All she does is eat ,sleep and party... shes on juvy probation, mother won't help tries to protect her no matter what she does... a spoiled brat who can't hold a job nor has she finished school... my love for her mom may not...

Birth Control: [ 61 Answers ]

What is God's will regarding the use of birth control? HANK :)

Performance control [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My bfriend is having some difficulty controlling his performance. Sometimes he comes too quickly, sometimes he has a little trouble maintaining erection. We are quite a new couple so I'm sure he's just nervous. Its also been a long time since his last girlfirend so I feel there might be...

View more questions Search