Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1concerned mom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2011, 06:53 PM
    Relinquishing parental rights (Laws in TN)
    Well I need advise here from Tennessee. I had the pleasure of foster parenting 4 young children and wanted to adopt them.

I was not able to do so but was able to meet the mother who reliquished her rights at the insistence of child welfare. She did this in March of this year and regrets it.

She was under the impression that the kids would adopted by a certain family and that family backed out after she signed them away. So now she wants to try and get them back.
    My husband and I are willing to help her because she wasn't able to care for them financially which is why she was going to let the other lady adopt.

The other lady also did allow the mom contact with the children and the mom went to church every Sunday to see the kids. That all stopped and the state moved the kids far away. So now the wants to try and get them back. The children are hurting terribly now.

We have given the lady a job and are helping her get a home near us to care for the children. That was the only reason she was forced to give these kids up (money/large enough home). Is it possible to petition the court for her to regain the her rights? Any laws anyone know about? Is it possible to petition the court for her to regain the her rights? Is that possible? Any laws anyone know about?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 27, 2011, 07:16 PM

It depends on the circumstances of the relinquishment. If a TPR was issued under the conditions of adoption then it may well be possible to reverse it.

But child welfare should not do a TPR just because of financial issues.

Your best bet is to consult an attorney who can challenge the TPR.
    1concerned mom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2011, 07:19 PM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    Any idea of an atty?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 27, 2011, 07:25 PM

Ask for recommendations from family court

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relinquishing parental rights [ 7 Answers ]

I currently pay child support, howerver I never see the child. In the divorce, it stated that if I wanted to see the child I would have to be supervised. I never attempted to do this. But his mother has allowed me to see him approx. a total of 5 times in eleven years. With that being said, can I...

Relinquishing Parental Rights [ 3 Answers ]

Where can I find paperwork for a parent to relinquish his parental rights?

Relinquishing Parental Rights [ 26 Answers ]

I am a 35yr old mother with 4 children. My oldest of 11yrs has never known his father, this was by his choice. I have asked his father if he'd be willing to relinquish his rights as his father and he agreed since he never sees him anyway. Now my question is, how can we go about doing this without...

Relinquishing parental rights [ 4 Answers ]

Thanks Scott but I would prefer to do it now and get it over with. I have no problem with being held responsible for the financial obligation but I feel this decision is best for all involved.

Relinquishing parental rights [ 6 Answers ]

I was wondering how lengthy the process for relinquishing your parental rights and if you still have to pay child support after wards... we live in Mississippi

View more questions Search