Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pawlaxx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2011, 04:17 PM
    Is there a way I can get my estranged husband out of the house?
    I am married but we live separate lives -- we own our home. Is there a way I can get my estranged husband out the house? I have a 14yr old daughter and have moved twice. He stayed here as he wouldn't move out -- I got in to debt and had 2 move back in but the situation is not good at all and is effecting my daughter.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 27, 2011, 04:31 PM

If he is a part owner of the house, the only thing you can do to get him out is to file for divorce and to make his leaving the home part of the divorce settlement.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 27, 2011, 04:32 PM

If you both own the home you can't kick him out without a court order. Is there something stopping you from filing for divorce ? Is the daughter yours or both of yours ?
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2011, 06:48 AM
    Just like he couldn't stop you from moving back in, you can't force him to leave. You may have a harder time forcing him to leave the home in a divorce settlement because you left already though, and he or his attorney will bring it up. How long were you gone? Did he maintain the home alone while you were gone?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will another injury to a child charge send the estranged husband back to prison? [ 1 Answers ]

My estranged husband is on a ten year felony probation for a felony injury to a child. He violated with another charge of injury to a child this time a class b misdemeanor only 3 months later after being put on probation.he's been in violation ever since until they find him guilty. There are about...

Evicting estranged husband's relatives who have moved into a house I own [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I are separated. I moved out of our house which was under construction from one end to the other, in April of 08 to get away from him. The kids didn't want to be with him either and moved with me. I now live in 1300 sf with three kids and he had the 4000 square foot house. He was...

Inheritance-Is estranged husband entitled to mine? [ 1 Answers ]

Is my estranged husband entitled to any of my inheritance not yet distributed?

Does husband get house? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently refinanced my home. The loan and deed are only in my name. However I was recently married and my husband had to sign forms stating that he was aware of the mortgage because Florida is a Homestead state. At least that is what they told me. My concern is that if something happens to...

Estranged husband owes retro support and coming into lump sum of money! [ 6 Answers ]

I have 3 children with estranged husband... Im not divorced yet, due to financial trouble. He doesn't work anymore, but I do. He owes quite a large amount of Child Support. He is getting an inheritance in paper check form due to his father's passing, March of 2006. It went through probate in New...

View more questions Search