Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    christine4321 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2011, 01:40 PM
    I need help with ideas to start my paper on music. Below is the topic
    In order to be an active citizen we are required to be aware of the surrounding power structures and politics that affect us as individuals. In deciding which type of music we listen to, we allow certain structures to become a part of us. Discuss why this does, or why this does not, become such an important part of our lives.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 27, 2011, 01:42 PM
    I got to ask, who wrote that question??
    christine4321 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2011, 01:49 PM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    My teacher
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 27, 2011, 02:58 PM
    OK, well the poor teacher is probably trying to get students interested in current events, politics, and structure of government, and maybe of business, and hopes to do so through one thing almost all students love, music. I'm not sure I get the question.
    Until the internet and downloaded music, music was very much controlled by a few big businesses, and they were wrapped up in politics, and radio was the way to hear it live, or concerts, and those were controlled by powerful interests too. You could pick a decade and research how record labels ran people's lives and affected all the listeners. For instance, during the Vietnam War some stations would play anti war music a lot and others never. These days you have arguments over rap lyrics and what's violent or degrading. You could write about itunes or YouTube or self publication of CDs as it stands now, making for a freer world of music. You could write about the comparison to Hollywood and how a movie was all about money and producers and major studios, with limited freedom for writers and directors unless they had really proved themselves.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting research paper topic [ 10 Answers ]

Hey I have to wirte a research paper for accounting and I'm having trouble coming up with a good idea on what to write about. It can be abount anything in accounting, onlt thing is that it has to be 10 pages long. If anyone had any topic suggestions ide appreciate it. Thanks

Canon i865 prints with a green cast on photo paper but OK on plain paper - any ideas. [ 1 Answers ]

Printer is several years old and has always performed properly until recently. I have tried under windows XP and win 7 and also on a new laptop and using different photo papers always get green tinged photos! I've used Canon's Easy Photoprint and also Photoshop CS3 - same green results but...

Early Modern Philosophy Paper Topic [ 2 Answers ]

Need some guidance in narrowing a topic/focusing my paper- I'm taking an early mod. Philosophy course, and need to come up with a term paper topic. I'd like to write something about the role of God in Descartes metaphysics- or the role of God in Descartes approach to epistemology. From what I...

Topic for accounting research paper [ 1 Answers ]

I need some suggestions for a specific topic in accounting to write a research paper about. The paper has to have minimum of 15 sources.

View more questions Search