Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2011, 09:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by southamerica View Post
    Maybe I need some help with the "things such as I mentioned" portion of your question. Do you mean linking Jews with terrorism?
    Um, no. I said, "The guy in Kentucky that killed himself, the Tuscon shooter, the Oslo killings, the Tiller Killer, the debt discussions..."

I'm sure you don't mean linking Jews to atrocities. Just in the last centuries, Jews have been blamed for major wars, failed economies, and banker take-overs. That doesn't even go into the more ancient prosecution of Jews.
    Like I said to ex, I get it. To be more clear, you don't see talking heads in this country on TV or in print rushing to link Jews with things such as the examples I gave. You will find them quickly, almost too choreographed, rush to deem something the work of a Christian, a conservative, a far-right extremist or just paint us as "right-wing extremists" for as little as wanting congress to cut spending.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2011, 09:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I get it, but who is blaming Jews for things such as I mentioned?
    Hello again, Steve

Amy Winehouse? Let me look.

excon
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Jul 28, 2011, 09:57 AM
    Like I said to ex, I get it. To be more clear, you don't see talking heads in this country on TV or in print rushing to link Jews with things such as the examples I gave. You will find them quickly, almost too choreographed, rush to deem something the work of a Christian, a conservative, a far-right extremist or just paint us as "right-wing extremists" for as little as wanting congress to cut spending.
    Oh okay gotcha, sorry for my misunderstanding.

And I can't agree with you more about the media rushing to blame the right-wing extremists.

Sure there are extremists, and sure they're nutty, and sure they've done some crazy stuff. BUT I'm rather sick of everything conservative being blown off as "right-wing" and therefore not worth even considering.

Trust me, it's irritated me many times. There are conservative things that I very much agree with, but they don't stand much of a chance because of how the media has painted conservatives.

That's why I hate the media. Bunch of trolls!
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2011, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by southamerica View Post
    Oh okay gotcha, sorry for my misunderstanding.
    Not a problem. And yes, conservatives have something to add but we can't get a word in edgewise because we're all presumably dangerous nuts.

Jul 28, 2011, 10:08 AM
    Not a problem. And yes, conservatives have something to add but we can't get a word in edgewise because we're all presumably dangerous nuts.
    Until, of course, we have a Republican president and anything liberal is nuts ;)

I particularly remember not being "for" the war on terror in 2005, and a friend of mine yelling "terrorist sympathizer!" at me... which was definitely a heavy sentiment at the time.

It's sad, really. People ought to just breath and think for themselves.
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2011, 10:10 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

I don't know... You always tell us how FOX beats the crap out of MSNBC... That's a word or two edgewise... Then you got a 60 to 1 advantage in the talk radio business. Nobody wants to listen to lefty's on the radio...

So, from MY perspective, you get your words in. You get a LOT of words in. But, even with ALL those words, you're still depicted as dangerous nuts. I don't know why. Ok, yes I do.

excon

Jul 28, 2011, 10:12 AM

Yes, conservative talk radio is quite a big deal...

Alex Jones WOULD be all right with me if he weren't so angry!
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2011, 10:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:

I dunno... You always tell us how FOX beats the crap outta MSNBC... That's a word or two edgewise....
    That's cable news only. Fox' biggest draw, O'Reilly, gets 3.1 million. The 3 networks evening newscasts total 20.55 million. I still remember some math and 20.55 million is a heckuva lot more than 3.1 million. Add to that, CNN, MSNBC, Headline News and the print media and the Fox audience is dwarfed by the rest of the media.
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2011, 10:28 AM
    Fox audience is dwarfed by the rest of the media.
    Hello again, Steve:

Given your advantage in right wing radio, I'd say we're even. Plus, right wingers YELL louder than anybody else, and that's got to count for something..

excon
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2011, 11:00 AM

LOL, I imagine like me, most people have the radio on all day at work, we aren't really listening. People make a point to sit and watch the news. But I will acknowledge the conservative advantage in radio, no one wants to listen to shrill liberals all day. Not even liberals.

The point is, the liberal media is louder than conservative media. MRC monitors hundreds of outlets for bias. Media Matters monitors one. You know why, you even made a point to admit it.

Gotcha there, eh buddy?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2011, 11:06 AM

Nobody wants to listen to lefty's on the radio...
    I listen to Tom Hartman every day on my drive home. It's better than listening to Comedy channel.
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2011, 11:24 AM

Fort Hood Plot: AWOL U.S. Serviceman Arrested

I have no comment.
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2011, 04:20 PM
    I have no comment.
    Hello again, Steve:

I do...

In SPITE of the ZILLIONS of $$'s the NSA is spending to spy on us, and in SPITE of all the wars we're fighting to get the terrorists, and in SPITE of all the torture we could ever do, we WOULDN'T have caught this terrorist...

Good old fashioned police work did.

excon
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2011, 07:37 PM
    The reason you wouldn't have caught this terrorist Ex is you wouldn't have been looking for him , You took ten years to find Osama bin Laden so catching this fellow would have been beyond your resources. He was right out there in plain sight. I expect that some of those fabled budget cuts will be in the area of inefficient and ineffective security services
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2011, 03:12 AM

Good old fashioned police work did.
    The guy approached the gun dealer who sold the weapon to Major Hasan . The dealer became suspicious and called the cops.

It was luck that he was caught .It had nothing to do with "good old fashion police work".
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2011, 05:03 AM
    Don't tell me a gun control system actually works?

Jul 29, 2011, 05:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    don't tell me a gun control system actually works?
    Depends on how you define "works"...

Because it brought in one guy out of how many others?
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2011, 07:59 AM

It wasn't about gun control. The jihadist went into a gun shop and asked the dealer about smokeless gunpowder and if he could buy a large QTY.
    This dealer ,having already dealt with one jihadist at Fort Hood became suspicious.

These so called police tactics are not what has prevented domestic attacks. The guy in Times Square.. the underwear and shoebombers were all brought down by a vigilant and in some cases heroic populace .
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2011, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    These so called police tactics are not what has prevented domestic attacks. .
    Hello again, tom:

If police tactics INCLUDE listening to snitches, then police work absolutely DID prevent these attacks.. And, cops DO listen to snitches..

Although, I supported the war in Afghanistan in the beginning, it WAS a knee jerk reaction.. And, yes, it's easy to Monday morning quarterback it... But, we should have approached it as a POLICE ACTION, as opposed to a military one.. Clearly, the military one isn't working out, whereas the POLICE ACTION that killed Bin Laden, did.

I believe you'd call the action that killed Bin Laden a military one, but I'd remind you that police agencies don't look a great deal different than military units these days.. They HAVE helicopters. They HAVE night vision. They HAVE big guns. And, they wouldn't have had any more permission to enter Pakistan than the military did.

But, you DO understand that I'm not talking about the POLICE particularly. I'm talking about the kind of engagement that's entered into.. In fact the military is perfectly capable of police action..

The bottom line is, I'm not seeing much success from YEARS of war and TRILLIONS of $$'s spent.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2011, 05:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    The bottom line is, I'm not seeing much success from YEARS of war and TRILLIONS of $$'s spent.

excon
    Come now Ex haven't you read the exploits of the military lately, dozens killed in a raid on the Huggari network, huge halls of narcotics, the Taliban leadership decimated. How can you say you are not seeing success in the face of such propaganda? Is it cost effective, no, but wars never are. What we need are some of those police actions where you ride in on your white charger otherwise known as a helicopter, shoot up the enemy, capture whoever are left over and ride out. It's the stuff of legends. How come you didn't capture Bin Laden that way? Oh you did and it was a great success, particularly in foreign relations

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monster movie from 80's or 90's with purple-ish monster costume [ 3 Answers ]

This movie was from when I was a child... so my recollection is blurry. I think this movie is a about a kid that turns into a monster. This monster is purple-ish, blue and furry. Not sure what the kid did to get himself turned into a monster, but that's all I know. Can't seem to figure out the...

A monster movie where the monster got into the Easter Bunny's suit and killed him. [ 4 Answers ]

I'm trying to find this monster movie from I believe the 80's where this guy is wearing an Easter Bunny costume and a monster gets into his suit and kills him. And then he falls in through a church window.

Going to norway while on parole [ 1 Answers ]

I am on parole for a burglary from 6 years ago after I complete parole will I be able to visit my wife's family in norway

Inheriting money from norway [ 1 Answers ]

I have been left some money resulting from a relatives house sale in her will. She was residing in Norway and the money is to be transferred from there. I would like to know all the information the solicitors and bank will require At the moment they are asking for a swift number and for me to have...

Japan or Norway ? [ 1 Answers ]

Which country is located on a peninsula ? Isn't japan an island ?

View more questions Search