Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmrlook Posts: 134, Reputation: 8

Jan 31, 2007, 10:31 AM
    Aim a Setellite dish.
    Hello - does anyone know how to properly aim a satellite dish. I have a dish from Dish network that is supposed to be able to tune in 3 separate satellites without moving the dish. I have made sure the dish mount is perfecty level horizontally and vertically before hooking up the dish. I then dial in the correct skew as instructed by the dish network (this is based on my zip code). I also set the elevation as per their instructions. I am now trying to fine tune the dish to tune in all three satellites. According to the dish network, I am supposed to see the following 3 satellites in the following order on the 3 "eyes" on my dish:
    119 110 129
    I believe these numbers equate to where the satellites are in space, but dn't know for sure. As of now, I can find two of the 3 satellites (129 and 119 on the first 2 eyes) but can not find 110 anywhere. Has anyone ever done this before that can give me some pointers?

Thanks,
    Rob
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 31, 2007, 02:11 PM
    Do you have two or three cables enetering your house from the dish? You'll need three to get all sats. Dish did an upgrade in my home to HD but failed to replace/include the proper dish and cabling. Are you a DISH 1000 or a 500?
    dmrlook Posts: 134, Reputation: 8

Jan 31, 2007, 02:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    Do you have two or three cables enetering your house from the dish? You'll need three to get all sats. Dish did an upgrade in my home to HD but failed to replace/include the proper dish and cabling. Are you a DISH 1000 or a 500?
    Thanks for the reply. Dish 1000. I have only one wire coming into the house. The dish takes the three separate eyes (3 coax lines) and brings them all to one coax line which runs into my house. I believe the signals from all three setellites are carried n that one line running into my house.

What are you - dish 500 I assume.

Thanks,
    Rob
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 31, 2007, 03:11 PM
    I recently switched from 500 to 1000. You say the dish brings "them all to one cable" instead your house. Is this done via a silver switch box approximately 6 in by 6 in? Chances are you are doing everything right if you are getting the other two sats. Did you ove or disturb your dish recently? DISH service people will come out but if you aren't under warrantly they charge at least $45 p/h.
    bikerguy Posts: 87, Reputation: 13

Feb 4, 2007, 08:51 AM
    Im confused if you have a dish 500. The marking on the sides are to get you close. Wally mart sells a compass that has a flip up lens so you can sight the degrees, also the elevation and skew need to be adjusted, The skew is like lying an egg shap slightly on its side it allow to pick up multiple birds without a motor drive I have dot seen any 3 eye set ups yet. Now Direct TV uses 3 similar eyes LNA LNB, low noiseamp or low noise block.
    Didh pro has the switch inside so only 1 cable is needed. I need more information to give you any better response.. Is your dish round or egg shaped?
    tanmava Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2007, 12:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dmrlook
    Hello - does anyone know how to properly aim a satellite dish. I have a dish from Dish network that is supposed to be able to tune in 3 seperate satellites without moving the dish. I have made sure the dish mount is perfecty level horizontally and vertically before hooking up the dish. I then dial in the correct skew as instructed by the dish network (this is based on my zip code). I also set the elevation as per their instructions. I am now trying to fine tune the dish to tune in all three satellites. According to the dish network, I am supposed to see the following 3 satellites in the following order on the 3 "eyes" on my dish:
    119 110 129
    I believe these numbers equate to where the satellites are in space, but dn't know for sure. As of now, I can find two of the 3 satellites (129 and 119 on the first 2 eyes) but can not find 110 anywhere. Has anyone ever done this before that can give me some pointers?

Thanks,
    Rob
    Is the jumper installed between the single lnb (eye) and the twin lnb? If not that is your problem. You should be able to point and peak the dish to the 119 bird, and the other to be there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Aim of life [ 25 Answers ]

I want to know what is the possible aim of life of humans on earth.

Aim and Internet! [ 1 Answers ]

My aim used to sign on fast and now its slow because of my connection. Everything is plugged in right. I have DSL. What's going on? Most of my stuff is on a separate hard drive too.:confused:

Aim disconnecting [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am a university and am on a lan connection... about 2 or 3 weeks ago my aim started to disconnect me... at first it was just after I was idle for a long period, now if I am away from my computer for like 2 minutes I get disconnected... I have ran spy-bot, ad-aware, and my virus scanner......

View more questions Search